I'm Back Again...

xsjack

This is Really Just a Media spot on my experience Here since I'm back and all.

So here I am back again and when I say again I actually mean this is my third attempt at returning but this time it just feels different for some reason I'm not even sure why. The Other Day it was like four in the morning and I was having trouble falling asleep when that happens my mind likes to wander and it went back to 2018/19 which was when I joined the VHL and was active for nearly a year, I believe it was an ad on the BBGM Reddit that first introduced me to the VHL It reminded me of Be a Pro mode which I had good memories of when it was good. So I joined up and on December 10th, 2018 Early in the morning while I waited for the bus to school I created my first and only good player to Date ( Mathiesen will be on par or better I promise) 
Jack Lynch a Right Winger from Winnipeg a player who was based on Myself somewhat. 

When I first joined the VHL I had just moved that summer to a new town and wasn't really close friends with anyone there yet so the VHL gave me something to do in my free time. Lynch was drafted either 20th or 24th by Ottawa in S64 VHLM draft (player page says 24th while draft page says 20th honestly can't remember where either but it was somewhere in the 4th round), One thing I remember about that Ottawa team was its great locker room and how helpful everybody was it is probably a big reason  I stayed around so shoutout to diamond_ace and everybody else apart of that team (I was looking back at my messages in the discord and I didn't remember it all but apparently I had problems with the OTT gm that come after DA for bringing non-ottawa guys into the team discord its funny to look back on now). 

Lynch started off his career pretty well for in the first game of the season and his career he scored a goal and was named the third star in a great 4-2 win against Las Vegas, He would go on to score 46 points (12 Goals & 36 assists) that season helping Ottawa to a 3rd place finish in a heated 3-way race between us 2nd placed Halifax and the top seeded Las Vegas Aces, Oslo and Saskatoon would fight off in a wild card round to see who would have the honour of getting Swept by Las Vegas, Oslo ended up getting that honour meanwhile the actually noteworthy semi finals series was between Ottawa and Halifax there was only a 4 point difference between the two teams in the regular season ( Halifax's 106 points to Ottawa's 102) HAL took game 1 6-4 and proceeded to take game 2 3-2 and looked ready to move past us then and there, we were able to take the 3rd game 5-4 but Halifax struck back and took a 3-1 lead after beating us 4-2 in game 5 halifax was looking to take this game and move on already meanwhile we were fighting for survival and that created a intense game which after 60 minutes was tied 6-6 where Don Draper secured the win and a game 6 for Ottawa with a powerplay Goal Unfortunately for us Halifax would get 7 in past us the next game and take the series Lynch would finish 4 points (1 goal 3 assists) in that series.

Las Vegas would end up beating Halifax in 6 to lift the Cup while I made the decision to stay in the VHLM for another season and Lynch would be picked by Davos at 16th in the S65 VHL draft, Ottawa would lose several key players to that draft (in fact the whole top 5 of that draft played for OTT in S64) which meant well Lynch was kinda carrying the team the Ottawa front office saw no reason to keep Lynch around as this would be his last season in the VHLM and they were a middling team with him so he was traded to one of the new expansion teams for that off-season the VHLM had made a of couple changes like the storm moving from Oslo to Minnesota while Philidelphia and Houston would get teams in the Reapers and Bulls.

Houston Would Send Blake Laughton, S67 1st and 4th round Picks in exchange For Lynch ( who was averaging over a point a game at that point)
The Trade Would give Houston a great first line of forwards as Jurri, Kirbsson and Lynch were some of the best in the league at their positions(102,108 and 98 points that season respectively), Houston's season did not go as well as they might have hoped for finishing just 3rd and Of course because I need a team to dislike for no reason Lynch and Houston would end up facing Halifax in the 2nd round Where they would be down 2-0 after 2 games and it all seemed like deja vu for lynch as Houston would take game 3 only to lose the next and put them down 3-1 we where able to take games 5 and 6 and looked ready to pull off the 3-1 comeback but short losing in game 7 in overtime I'm gonna be real Lynch Dissapeared in that series only 5 points in 7 games for a guy who 98 in 72 in the regular season definitely not a great way to end my career in the VHLM.

I was Ready for the VHL and to play, I would never get the chance to play for the Team that drafted Me HC Davos because I would be picked by the Malmo Nighthawks in the S66 expansion draft, Malmo also had a great locker room as expected of an expansion team in their first year we struggled being the worst team in the European conference and we were only slightly better than Seattle Lynch had a pretty decent rookie season getting 28 goals and 35 assists for a total of 63 points although Malmo had a bad first season our future looked promising with the mixture of expansion draft guys and entry draft guys.

S67 was much of the same for Malmo and Lynch as The Nighthawks once again found themselves at the bottom of their conference and were the 2nd worst team in the league while Lynch put up 23 goals and 41 assists for 64 points on the season, The next season however would see the rise of Malmo as they would shoot up to the top in their conference and the league as a whole due to some Trades and Free Agency as well as the rise of players already on the Team, Malmo would take down HC Davos in 7 and then proceed to the 2nd round where they beat the Riga Reign in 5 and would advance to the Finals against Seattle where I wish I could tell you they won but that didn't happen Seattle swept us.

and that's the end of Lynch really, I was inactive for most of that last year in Malmo which sucks cause it was a good team and I could have probably helped more if I was active, Lynch would then be traded to Riga and almost a 60 point season there (24 goals and 35 assists) and then finished out his career in Seattle as a depth piece all in all he had a solid career in both the VHL 
putting 271 Points in 360 games ( 108 goals and 163 assists) while in the VHLM 144 points in 144 games ( 62 goals and 82 assists) I was surprised that he had exactly a point per game career in the VHLM cool i guess I know I wrote about the VHLM more but that's what I seem to remember the most all good times though.

When I first started writing up this media spot to prove to myself I wouldn't just abandon this player like the last two and also for TPE lets be real, I wasn't sure exactly what brought me back to the VHL but now that I've started looking through my messages and posts and also searching for any memories I have of the league I landed on a few things The league is fun of course,
But I really like the community people were so helpful here when I first joined and I'm hoping it hasn't changed either( I doubt it has) cause it seems there have been a lot of changes since I was actually active for example I see there are new attributes now that's gonna be a learning curve for me I'm sure and I'l be ready for it.

Anyway I'm excited to be back and I'm gonna be active like I used to be hopefully that's the plan anyway We shall see I guess.

Halifax Please don't draft me I'm destined to despise y'all for some reason. (jk draft me if you wanna be disappointed it's sort of a specialty of mine)

1,536 words claiming for 3 weeks

Posted (edited)

A Halifax scout is en route for a draft interview!  Don't worry, disappointment is something we already have in common!

Edited by LucyXpher