Goodbye VHL - It Was Nice

aimkin

Posted (edited)

Jesse Teno’s incredible career in the VHL has officially come to an end. With the final game of the S93 Continental Cup Final played, Jesse Teno has cemented their legacy as one of the greatest goalies of all time. 

For the London regular season franchise, Teno is first in Wins (253), second in save percentage (0.928), third in goals against average (2.42) and first in shutouts (32). For the playoffs, Teno is first in all categories: 51 wins, 0.936 save percentage, 2.42  goals against average, and 9 shutouts. Truly a legacy that all future London goalies will be striving to beat.

“I just want to say thank you to every teammate, coach, and GM I have had since joining the VHL. These past 9 seasons of skating around with the pros has been the true highlight of my life. I want to thank Bo Johansson for being a great role model and friend at the start of my career back in Saskatoon, Lachlan Summers for being an incredible friend to practice with and push me to be my best, and Jacob Carson for being an incredible GM and mentor these past few seasons. I honestly don't know where I would be today if it weren't for them. But also of course my teammates who have been through it all with me. Especially Leonard Triller who has been there beside me almost my entire time in London. I feel like we've become brothers. 

The VHL has become my family and I am so honored to have been offered the goaltending coach job here in London. Continuing to build my time here and help future goalies become great sounds a lot better to me than straight up retirement. 

And finally, I want to thank the fans who have had faith in me whether it was from day 1 or only yesterday. I'm sorry we let you down in my last chance at another cup but honestly, it was still an amazing time. You have all pushed me to be the best player I can and I appreciate every single one of you for cheering me and this team on. You are all what makes us United.”

As a first-gen who knew nothing about sim leagues, I cannot believe where I was able to get my first player. Getting here and having Teno be the player that they ended up being was not something I expected. I started 2 years ago not knowing what I was doing but somehow managed to use the advice of friends to get the stats where I wanted them to be. Teno was an experiment gone right and I couldn't be happier. I mean, would I have liked to see them go out in a blaze of glory to win their final final? Sure. But getting to game 7 is always a great consolation prize. 

I don't know where I'd be without the VHL. I have met so many amazing people who have become my friends and I can easily say that I've never had this much fun in an online community. Y'all have been incredible to me and I cannot wait to see what the next 2 years brings. 

@Shindigs @kirbithan @jacobcarson877 @Triller

Edited by aimkin

6 minutes ago, aimkin said:

Jesse Teno has cemented their legacy as one of the greatest goalies of all time. 

It’s them kind of lines that get me in trouble! 😏

Congrats on the wicked career. You were feared. Idk if there’s a better feeling than that as a goalie! :) 

Playing in front of Teno for my whole career has been a huge pleasure!  You have allowed Leonard to make the playoffs for every season of his career so far and that has been an unexpected part of this whole journey!  Glad to still have you in the LR as the AGM.  London is the way it is because of you and Teno!

11 minutes ago, Triller said:

Playing in front of Teno for my whole career has been a huge pleasure!  You have allowed Leonard to make the playoffs for every season of his career so far and that has been an unexpected part of this whole journey!  Glad to still have you in the LR as the AGM.  London is the way it is because of you and Teno!

Happy to leave such a lasting imprint! Cant wait to see what we can do for London in your final season. 

an amazing read as per usual!! can’t express enough in words what a legendary career that jesse had. a HOF lock for sure. will miss the rivalry between our goalers, but so excited to see what you’ll bring to the table with tano! thank you for your friendship and helping make the vhl such a fun place to be, my friend! :cheers: