Activity Flag on player page

Posted (edited)

So I spitballed this idea very briefly this past week, not even sure anyone noticed it, but on a player page next to the player's name or user's name there could be a flag denoting update activity.

Example:

Anyone who has updated within the past two weeks gets a green flag.

After two weeks, a yellow flag.

After three weeks, a red flag.

Finally, after the red flagged week, they get the black flag, becoming inactive.

Perhaps this little idea could incentivize people to stay active.  Perhaps also, the vhl bog or whoever could implement some kind of "welcome back" policy for black flagged players that return, giving them the ability to claim a one-time small tpe package.

Lmk what you folks think?

Edited by mattyIceman

Could be good, especially for M GMs to keep track of their players activity. I wonder if maybe even something like a "Last Update" column would be good in the Manage Team part of the portal. I mean sure we could go to each individual player page and check the Update Log, but just something similar to what the draft list has would be p cool. 

As far as this 

12 minutes ago, mattyIceman said:

Perhaps this little idea could incentivize people to stay active.  Perhaps also, the vhl bog or whoever could implement some kind of "welcome back" policy for black flagged players that return, giving them the ability to claim a one-time small tpe package.

We do have the first-gen bonus thread for those who cross the 100 TPE threshold and have a first-gen player. The idea you have here though I feel could be used and abused, but not an entirely bad idea.

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Tetricide said:

The idea you have here though I feel could be used and abused, but not an entirely bad idea.

I haven't thought of any details.

Building upon this 'loophole', it could apply to only one with the 1st Gen label, and happen only once.  Once it's used it's gone forever, no second chances after a second black flag.  Once the member recreates, it wouldn't apply to them at all.

With these conditions, could it be abused?

Edited by mattyIceman

1 hour ago, Tetricide said:

We do have the first-gen bonus thread for those who cross the 100 TPE threshold and have a first-gen player. The idea you have here though I feel could be used and abused, but not an entirely bad idea.

My friend who I recruited is at 96, im trying so hard to get him to 100 this week

1 hour ago, mattyIceman said:

I haven't thought of any details.

Building upon this 'loophole', it could apply to only one with the 1st Gen label, and happen only once.  Once it's used it's gone forever, no second chances after a second black flag.  Once the member recreates, it wouldn't apply to them at all.

With these conditions, could it be abused?

I feel like that would be the only way to close the loop lol So yeah nice 🙂 

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Bump and update:

The flags next to the player's names would only be shown in the draft lists and on team rosters.

Furthermore, maybe a bot can send a red flagged player a message, warning him that the user is soon going to be declared an inactive player.

Can this be implemented?

Edit: forgot to tag @Will and/or @Josh

Edited by mattyIceman

• Senior Admin

The incentive and such is not my department but I think the flags are pretty good idea. I'm not 100% on the Bot notifications just because a) I've always tried to avoid things that would require something running in the background (i.e. to periodically check active status) and b) I think getting a message from a GM when they notice someone going Yellow would be more impactful. But the flags would be handy and could be displayed in the team management area as well to help the GM monitor the activity of their team. 

10 hours ago, Will said:

The incentive and such is not my department but I think the flags are pretty good idea. I'm not 100% on the Bot notifications just because a) I've always tried to avoid things that would require something running in the background (i.e. to periodically check active status) and b) I think getting a message from a GM when they notice someone going Yellow would be more impactful. But the flags would be handy and could be displayed in the team management area as well to help the GM monitor the activity of their team. 

Gotcha.  Just the flags then.

Maybe make them 1/3 the width of the 1st gen tag, same height though.