Vancouver Wolves Starting Forwards

Scurvy

Posted (edited)

Another week closer to the season and my GOD this has seemed like a long ass off-season.  Really feel it when you don’t make the playoffs!  Only real good thing is NHL playoffs are on so gives me a little bit of relief from the waiting game.  So, for this week’s Around the League, I want to talk about the Vancouver Wolves Forwards to get me my delicious TPE.

Next week will cover defense and goalie. 

Wolf Wolves GIFimage.png.a1c1c955898bdee74159bc5862564c84.png

S94 WOLVES PREVIEW

Now, I am biased but the additions and draft picks the Wolves made this season have me excited.  On the forward front, we have a deadly list of snipers, hitters, and playmakers that are going to have goalies trembling.  

The Frenchman

The Wolves added legend center with championship experience in The Frenchman @OrbitingDeath .  Hall of Fame numbers are what this guy puts up and the fact he has had his two best seasons statistically (108 points) in the ladder half of his career just shows you how great he is.  Look for him to lead the Wolves offense and mentor the young group moving forward.

S93 stats:  41g 67a 108pts +17 

Owen Lazaro @traphag

Another great addition and still in his prime.  Lazaro plays a heavy game and likes to hit and shed the mitts if he has to.  273 hits last year and 50 goals.  He brings bags of experience and plays a 200 foot game which will be valuable for young up and comers like Ninefingers and Riley Martin to see and emulate.  

S93 stats: 50g 49a 99pts +12 273hits

Rip Wheeler @ScottyP

Rip is a bit of a wildcard but did put up some numbers last season.  New teammate Bollos de Trueno @thunder and Logan Ninefingers have been hounding him on a group text to earn and so far it's worked. He maxed last week and “says” he will max this week too.  Time will tell if this is a bust pick or not.  

S93 stats: 34g 45a 79pts 215 hits

Annie Oakes @Noodle Enjoyer

The 4th overall pick in S93 draft she is playing her first season in the big leagues. She notched 15 goals last season in Europe and looks to add to that in Vancouver.  She brings speed and some grit to a team that rewards that style of play. 

Riley Martin @Smarch

Martin is the ultimate teammate and locker room presence.  Which is nice since the addition of Rip Wheeler was awkward at first.  This season during a game against Prague, Rip decided to try and tangle with Martin not only earning him an instigator and game misconduct, but Rip also got the brakes beat off of him in front of his hometown crowd.  Martin has all the intangibles.   He plays physical, scores, and plays solid defense.  

S93 stats: 29g 26a 55pts 

Logan Ninefingers

Despite being somewhat limited in the finger department Logan is growing into a complete player.  Surrounded by good teammates I look for LN to score and hit a lot more this season.  Needs to work on discipline and defense but hopefully continued earning will get him there sooner than later.  

S93 stats: 32g 31a 63pts 110 PIM 242 hits

There you have it.  The S94 Vancouver Wolves forward lineup. A deadly mix of talent with lots of hitters.  It looks as if the Wolves are going for a team identity of toughness and grit.  Next week we will cover the S94 defense and netminders.  

Have a great weekend.

Edited by Scurvy