Jacob's VHLM/VHLE/JST/WJC Manifesto and Theme Week Entry

58 minutes ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

Not sure that I like the idea of declaring for a Federation since it seem more correct to have them assigned based on birthplace/rights like Canada is part of the Canadian Federations, USA etc.... I can maybe understand with the two European nations or the rest of the world/Asia since it would allow maybe someone that isn`t good enough to play International hockey from a country like Canada, USA or Europe but not strong enough to actually play for their country but I do like the idea of Federation and growth within the Federations, bring internal rivalries and might bring more international rivalries depending on the banter between Federations, players etc....

It makes more sense, but it's slightly impractical for new members because when you create your player, you may have no idea that what you pick for your birthplace sets up your entire international career here. You may not know there is any international experience to consider, for example. At the very least first-gens should be allowed to pick their federation... once you're on the second player and you know that decision matters, then yeah, just pick the birthplace that matches where you want to play. It would be kind of weird to have a whole bunch of like people from Greenland decide they want to be Team USA.