An unfortunate goodbye

If you have been looking at my player or forum profile lately you have noticed I'm not very active anymore. The reason is, for you who don't know, I went to a summer camp and nothing there turned me away from the VHL but when I got back I just noticed that I didn't have the motivation to keep doing what I normally do in the VHL. It's kind of like when you are doing Duolingo and you miss a day and you no longer have the motivation to do it anymore, that's what I feel had happened to me and the VHL. So with that said I will be stepping down from AGM of the San Diego Marlins at the end of this off-season. I might retire my player but I'm not sure yet, just letting everyone know I will not be consistently updating if I do not retire my player. While I was here it was fun and I've made some nice friends, shout out to @Royski my podcast partner, and @Mysterious_Fish my GM. I would like to share this with the teams in the VHLE and VHL who drafted me so I will be pinging @Doomsday and @Tetricide to give them a heads-up. I will probably still be in the community, just not as active as I used to be, I would still like to be in draft streams or be guests on a podcast or something, but I don't feel I would be doing it consistently enough. 

You can ask me questions in this topic if you have any, and I will answer them if I feel comfortable doing so.

The fun thing of the VHL is that it's here when you're ready for it, even if you can't contribute 100%. Even just claiming welfare and practice facility can go a long way towards keeping your player going! It's a long haul, so you can take a break like this and still have a decent career!

Best of luck to you, just remember that we're always here when you have the time for us!

JUST CLAIM WELFARE!!!!!!! YOU CAN STILL BE A STRONG PLAYER!!!!!

Hope you're doing well though Ki, I hope you're able to stick around the VHL

Too many people look at the VHL as something they HAVE to do, when in reality it's something that you GET to do and you should be doing things because you want to do them. If you don't want to, then there's nothing wrong with that.

Plenty of players have put together solid careers and enjoyed the VHL for a long time without doing point tasks in most weeks--just ask guys like @Baozi or @Garsh

You have the OPTION to do as much as you'd like, and we'll be happy to see you do whatever you do! I've loved doing things like VHLM draft streams with you and I don't want you to feel like you can't be around at all if you wouldn't like to be around all the time.

Pretty much what everyone else said… The beauty of the league is more about meeting people in the community, and it seems like you’ve made some good friends. I wouldn’t quit if it’s because you can’t max earn..

Appreciate the heads up buddy. Like I tell a lot of people -- life comes first before this fun hobby we do :) Don't be a stranger in the locker room.

1 hour ago, Gustav said:

Too many people look at the VHL as something they HAVE to do, when in reality it's something that you GET to do and you should be doing things because you want to do them. If you don't want to, then there's nothing wrong with that.

Plenty of players have put together solid careers and enjoyed the VHL for a long time without doing point tasks in most weeks--just ask guys like @Baozi or @Garsh

You have the OPTION to do as much as you'd like, and we'll be happy to see you do whatever you do! I've loved doing things like VHLM draft streams with you and I don't want you to feel like you can't be around at all if you wouldn't like to be around all the time.

Yeah, I would still love to do the draft streams and stuff like that, it's fun but I just don't feel like having a player and maybe just doing those things for fun.

My  VHL career has been to get motivated, do something, leave, and return.
This is the first time I have ever stuck around, however, I still vibe with the community, even in my breaks!

You do you! And Gustav put it perfectly, this is not something you have to do!

On 7/21/2024 at 7:04 PM, Gustav said:

I think this is something that I fought with a lot the past year or two. It felt like a job at times, then I felt like I HAD to do stuff and burned out. I can also confirm that the second half of my last players career was welfare based, and he still did alright.

On 7/21/2024 at 7:09 PM, STZ said:

Pretty much what everyone else said… The beauty of the league is more about meeting people in the community, and it seems like you’ve made some good friends. I wouldn’t quit if it’s because you can’t max earn..

I actively dislike the VHL since you're here smh

On 7/22/2024 at 12:55 PM, Baozi said:

Hi, I just hang around. Have a serviceable player and just vibe with people. 

Says the guy who's always moderating lol. What in the tarnation