Kadachi heading to NYA

ROOKIE745

(because of a mistake I made I lost half of this media spot and really don't have the energy to type up the stuff I deleted, so sorry if this sounds a little disjointed)

Speaking of Toby Kadachi he will be entering his fifth season in the VHL for season 95 and his goals have seen an uptick every season so far, from his rookie year with 6, to 20, 21 and 28. We'll likely be getting top line minutes in New York so it will be a great chance for him to hit a point per game. He finished S94 with 65 points, a good jump up from his previous two seasons that saw him with 42 and 43 points respectively. What remains to be seen is if Kadachi will fill in that same niche role he did in Seattle, on paper it looks like he will, or at the very least for the forward core, him and Yannick Janser on the blue line will likely be doing a bulk of dropping the gloves and landing the big hits. The goons of the squad as it were. Despite having one less season in the VHL Yenser, who is a fellow S91 draftee, has more penalty minutes in his career than Kadachi, with 566 to 557. Kadachi does beat him in hits by a wide gap though, 1007 to 749. Both of these players will make the Americans a hard team to play against. Kadachi is expected to be in New York within two weeks and be ready for training camp. 

To look back at Kadachi's time with the Seattle Bears, he will be a player fans miss. He's the kind of player you love to have your team and hate to play against. Kadachi was and is always willing to drop the gloves for a teammate and fire up his own team. His hits are often highlight reel worthy and despite only being there for four seasons he broke 1000 hits on the team, becoming just the 14th player in the franchises history to do so. Penalty minutes are the most flattering stat to be in the record books for but during his time there he became the 20th player to hit 500 PIM while wearing a Bears Jersey. His presence in the locker room will surely be missed by his teammates still there and no doubt they won't enjoy seeing him at the other end of the ice when season start comes. In total he's played 288 games for the Bears, scored 75 goals, assisted on 88 goals, and earned 163 points. He put up 959 shots on net, has 557 PIM, 1007 hits, 6 game winners and 18 power play goals. We asked Kadachi about the possibility of playing for the Bears again sometime in the future as our last question: "If the situation was right I think I'd go back, I need a little time after the sudden trade but I don't think I'd mind heading back there when my career here in the VHL is nearing it's end."

Because of the exit in the second round in the playoffs Toby headed over to Russia to spend some time with his family as he usually does, but came back early after the trade was announced so he could start the moving process.

(word count 522)