George Richmond Inks Extension

George Richmond Inks Extension

GeorgeRichmondSig2.png?ex=66a15784&is=66

Moscow Fans Relieved

Moscow fans have been all over the place today, with multiple trades and huge moves for the franchise all together. Departures of two big players in Axle Gunner @Steve and Leif Reingaard @Zetterberg means the off-season truly has begun for Moscow. However, with them gone, young superstar George Richmond is able to take on a bigger role with the team, finally transitioning to center. Richmond signed a two-year deal with the Menace, worth about 5.25M AAV each year. We asked Richmond his thoughts, to which he replied, "I'm very happy to stay in Moscow. This is the team that drafted me and to finally be able to step into a bigger role, especially after winning the cup, I'm excited. I think it will be a big task for us to win again this season, but with the right moves, I believe we've got just a good of a chance as the other teams do." Richmond is coming off of his second season in the league, where he was able to put up 71 points in 72 games played. In the playoffs, he was able to drop over a point-per-game and be a key contributor to Moscow's success. With young stars in Maverick Goncalves @leandrofg and Jillian Woods @jacobcarson877 the team has lots of time to get accused to their new teammates. Regardless, Moscow will be looking to be a top team next season and hope to win it yet again.