A Look in on Logan Ninefingers

Scurvy

It’s almost the halfway point of the season and II thought I’d have a look in on my player, Logan Ninefingers.  Now, coming off my last player Brian Payne who made the Hall of Fame and had a pretty great career even though I had really no clue what I was doing TPE wise.  Fast forward to my second player I thought I had a better idea of what would work faster to get him contributing consistently.  Little did I know.

Now, Ninefingers was a savage in the VHLM his first season scoring 64g 88a for 152 points and 277 hits.  Granted I had an amazing partner in @thecaringbearwho set the league on fire that season.  Unfortunately, we lost in the finals that season but Ninefingers came away with a Matt Bentz Trophy for best two-way forward.  So, as you can expect I was pumped.

Next, came the VHLE where NInefingers was drafted by the Oslo Storm.  After a quick trade to Vasteras by a leaving GM I was quickly returned to Oslo when the new GM @dlamb took over.  Having played for Dlamb before I was excited even though we were in a bit of a re-build. Ninefingers played well although not to the level of success he had in the VHLM.  In 44 games with Oslo he had 25g 25a 50 pts and 129 hits. 

Ninefingers was traded to Bratislava and joined a stacked club.  His production dropped significantly only scoring 6 goals and 16a in 28 games but was worth it since the club was winning a lot and eventually won the Renaissance Cup which was awesome and I will always take wins over production any day.   NInefingers ended the season with 31g 41a 72 points and 228 hits.  He also took home the Aldwin Craig Trophy for best two-way forward in the VHLE joining the ranks of greats like Grimgor Ironhide @FrostBeard, Leanard Triller @Triller and Larry Abass Jr @RileyL.  

After being in 3 straight finals (2 in VHLM and 1 VHLE) Ninefingers joined the Vancouver Wolves, a team that my first player Brian Payne ended his career with and truly solidified what is best about the league.  A great active locker room and great group of people, past and present.  

Like Payne, Ninefingers has the poor luck of starting each season very slowly and then picking it up after a dozen games or so.  It's never fun to work so hard to earn TPE and then struggle early but that is the break with Simon sometimes.  It also was rough putting all my earned point into faceoffs to get better at draws. Logan’s rookie season had him end the season pretty well with 32g 31a 63pts and 242 hits and 6 game winning goals.  Not shabby on a re-building team and ended up in the conversation for Rookie of the Year. 

Next season, we struggled a bit as a club but ended the season great and got to the second round of the playoffs which felt great as it shortens the miserable off-season.  Ninefingers finished the season with 32g 44a 76pts and 189 hits.  Hits were down which was odd but again had 6 game winning goals. 

We come to our current season and again Ninefingers started off terrible as did the team starting 0-6.  This was surprising since @Frank has put together a great club of earners and we want to be fighting for the NA top spot. To date, Ninefingers has struggle putting the puck in the net and I think I haven’t had a goal in over 10 games.  He is getting assists which is just as good but more importantly we have strung together some good wins.  Unfortunately, the other NA teams at the top keep winning too.  Hits are down too (74) but that is probably because we have a lot of hitters on the club.  But game winning goals is looking good (5) so far.  I also have zero fights so far this season which really is tough considering my render is Stu Grimson.  Lol.  He would be disappointed.  

Ninefinger’s current stats are 12g 34a 46pts +18 42 PIM and 74 hits.  I am no expert at the STHS ratings but wonder if I have not been very efficient at my TPE Placement and not staggered enough.  Shit still confuses me despite reading the forum posts a dozen times on how to place TPE.  Either way as long as we keep winning, I care little of Ninefinger’s personal stats or awards.  

Anyway, happy weekend y’all 

Review:

I always like these kind of media spots. I don't always keep an eye on every player and this keeps me up to date on some of the top players in the league. I got caught up with his journey up to the VHL and it was interesting to read about Logans season so far with the Wolves. Not much that I can find for improvement, maybe adding a picture or even a current season hockey card could add some extra flair but those are just minor wishes vs improvements. Well done! 10/10