The End of the E

Scurvy

Well…I spent the weekend in Nashville Tennessee to visit some friends and was shocked to see a forum post that the VHLE had been disbanded.  Now I know there are a lot of opinions about the VHLE, some pretty emotional on both sides. 

I came into the league in S81 as a free agent and my S83 year was played in Bratislava with GM @FrostBeard and some truly high caliber players like @Shindigs and @Girts, whom I have played with more most of my career with two players. It was in the VHLE that It (THE VHL) finally clicked and I could prepare a player that could be good.  

Fast forward to Logan Ninefingers and I again spent time in Bratislava where I was fortunate enough to win a championship with GM @roryRory.  Again, I had a fun time and was a great locker room to be a part of. 

I understand the logistics of the decision and I think it will be a positive thing for the league will be In the long run but cheers to my time in the VHLE and a thank you to all who made the VHLE a fun place.  

Edited by Scurvy

12 hours ago, Scurvy said:

Well…I spent the weekend in Nashville Tennessee to visit some friends and was shocked to see a forum post that the VHLE had been disbanded.  Now I know there are a lot of opinions about the VHLE, some pretty emotional on both sides. 

I came into the league in S81 as a free agent and my S83 year was played in Bratislava with GM @FrostBeard and some truly high caliber players like @Shindigs and @Girts, whom I have played with more most of my career with two players. It was in the VHLE that It (THE VHL) finally clicked and I could prepare a player that could be good.  

Fast forward to Logan Ninefingers and I again spent time in Bratislava where I was fortunate enough to win a championship with GM @roryRory.  Again, I had a fun time and was a great locker room to be a part of. 

I understand the logistics of the decision and I think it will be a positive thing for the league will be In the long run but cheers to my time in the VHLE and a thank you to all who made the VHLE a fun place.  

At least you do not have to suffer every time the Jake Thunder Trophy is announced in the VHLE awards, named after one of your buddies... ;)