Claimed:Prospect Watch: Insert Your Name Here

NotAVHLM-GM

Prospect Watch: <Insert Your Name Here>

Before the attack on the old site, an article similar to this had been prepared. It was an article where we were looking for people to actively participate in order to get their names in the magazine. For the past season we have been looking for players that stood out in the VHLM statistic wise, players who could turn out to be future Hall of Famers. We had a nice selection of players from all kind of teams, but they all had one thing in common: none of them contributed to their own article. With the magazine still being set up I decided to make this into a media spot in order to promote my future column and hopefully getting some activity out of it for the future articles.

In order to make this a more living rubric I am looking for VHLM players who are interested in seeing their name in the magazine to future in Prospect Watch. Interested? The only thing you will have to do is to message me (Green) some details about your player. What makes your player unique? Does your player have a certain connection to another player (maybe family like the Franz and Hans Backenbauer, despite one being retired already) ? Does your player have a certain background or just a funny hobby? It are these little facts that I will want to weave into the articles. This will make the weekly rubric less filled with statistics but also able to provide a smile on the readers their faces.

A6j60MfCQAAAbah.jpg-large.jpeg

The Backenbauer Twins

I hope that this is an idea that players will embrace and participate in. It’s a good way to get the magazine to be not only a weekly read, but also something the VHLM can relate to and participate in. After all the more there is to do in the sim, the more chance we have that people will actually stick around. I think we have moved to the new site now without losing much members, so the next VHLM season should be a good one. I have no access to the old draft results right now but there are some interesting prospects to write about next year. How creative these articles get depends on you as the manager of the player. Convince me why your player deserves to be in the VHLM Magazine.

articles_gallery_2_05051_thumb.jpg

An example of a perfectly legit player background

Prospect Watch will try to focus on the ideas of the users for the upcoming season. If this experiment is successful we will likely continue this in the seasons after wards as well. After the likes of Dan Tremblay, Steven Smyl, Davey Jones, Gabrial Johnson and Mikey Blade had their appearance you could be the next in line to feature in the weekly rubric. Do you have that spark of creativity that will ensure you a mention in the upcoming year, convince me why your player needs to be in and with some background information we can make this a fun year, for both me as writer as you as the player/reader of the magazine.

I will be looking forward to your reactions, please private message them on the forums.

Words: 536

Content: 3/3 - Well it's over 450 words, which I guess constitutes part of this grade. But it's also not a bad read. I like the idea of this, and I definitely agree that it would provide more of an incentive for people to stick around and enjoy the VHLM more than it is right now. I hope this pans out.

Grammar: 1.75/2  - A number of small things

hopefully getting - hopefully get

to future in - to feature in

like the Franz - like Franz

It are - It is/It's

less filled with statistics - filled with fewer statistics

readers their faces - readers faces

after wards - afterwards

year, convince - year. Convince

Appearance: 1/1 - Yeah, colours and stuff. I like the shark pic.

Total: 5.75/6

Content: 3/3 - Nice idea you have here for some upcoming prospects. I hope people sign up since this adds another incentive to stay active while in the minors. Hopefully the idea pans out. 

Grammar: 1.75/2 - Squints got it 

Appearance: 1/1 - Sure

Overall: 5.75/6

FINAL: 6/6 

• 1 month later...