Checktalk: Goalie Controversy

Boomcheck

Since I can't really talk about this in the VHLM mag this week, just thought i'd throw my thoughts in this topic here before the trade deadline.

Toronto is currently playing with a CPU goaltender, but should they upgrade in their position in net? They could try to pry someone like Brookside but Calgary doesn't have a first in this season's draft so that's pretty unlikely. I'm not discrediting the play of Tor G, he's been the best CPU goaltender in the league. Toronto doesn't have many options in trade but they do have someone in the system by the name of Fedir Okranitz. He's currently playing for the Yukon Rush and I believe he's playing well, should get a full twenty on his achievement tracker given his winning record. He should be better than Tor G and might give Toronto the boost they need to make the play-offs and get over the Calgary Wranglers.

If Fedir is brought up, then Yukon can trade for a goaltending like Blake Campbell who is playing the back-up roll to David Blind for the Minot Gladiators. One of their goaltenders has to be moved, I just don't think it's fair that a player's chance of gaining more and more TPE is ruined because he has to be the back-up even though he has enough TPE. At first I was thinking that Moscow should trade for one of them but Coca Cola seems to be back so that might not be a valid option anymore.

Bottom line, i'm pretty sure Minot makes a trade and hopefully before the deadline.

That would completely screw over Yukon as we have 0 draft picks in the next two drafts and couldn't trade for a 5 tpe player if we wanted to

Do they allow 'future considerations' in the VHLM?

Or maybe trade one of those roster players. I mean, Campbell himself is just a waiver pick up and probably won't cost much.The only issue would likely be inter-conference play.

I think it would be perfectly valid for Toronto to do this in order to make a push at the playoffs.

This guy wants CGY to miss the playoff

aka give me another loto pick

Edited by boubabi

This guy wants CGY to miss the playoff

aka give me another loto pick

Or he's just saying that Toronto might be able to use Fedir to help with their run.

Then again, they can't exactly send him back if he doesn't perform well.