Claimed:Back in Black (and Yellow and Red) [Final: 6/6]

lere2001

f09eb984e49f879f59db3ddc3de25af4.jpg

Ken Anderson has finally returned to Rush practice after a string of deaths in his family occurred over the holidays. Anderson was given a bereavement leave by the Yukon Rush after these tragedies and although he was still able to attend games, Ken was not an active member of the Rush’s practices until today. The young defenseman out of Edmonton, Alberta looked good in practice today, as he showed off the great skating which he is quickly becoming known for. The Yukon Rush hosted a light-hearted practice today and scrimmaged for the majority of their ice-time. Ken Anderson was able to grab an assist in Team Yellow’s 3-1 victory over Team Red.

The young VHL hopeful has had an unpredictable start to his career and scouts are split when trying to project his VHL future. The VHL Scouting Center has stated in their draft coverage that they expect Ken Anderson to be no more than a depth defenseman when push comes to shove. The head scout of the Quebec Meute, Jean Jacques, has also gone on record to say that even though Anderson has missed a substantial amount of practice time due to these tragedies in his life, he is a generational talent that should not be overlooked during this year’s draft. We reached out to Ken Anderson after practice today to get his thoughts on the situation.

“It doesn’t bother me too much when people are saying that I’m only going to be a depth defenseman in the VHL because I know they are wrong. On the other hand, if someone were to come out with a scouting report that said I should go first overall in the draft, I wouldn’t be giving that much thought either because no matter what the scouts say, it’s very important to not let any of it get to your head.” Ken explained, “On draft day, the general manager’s will draft whoever they please and once the season starts and it’s time to hit the ice, the order of the draft becomes a moot point and it becomes all about who has the guts and the determination to make it.”

rsz_oilkings-americans-reinhart.jpg

Ken Anderson answered questions for the media after practice today

Ken Anderson has been a pleasant surprise in his VHLM appearances thus far, scoring six goals and dishing 43 assists out to the tune of 49 points in only 41 games. Along with his very respectable point numbers as a defenseman, Anderson has a respectable +28 plus/minus and leads the team with 85 penalty minutes, which shows that he indeed does have the grit that most scouts thought he was lacking to play in this league.

Ready to put his weeks of sadness, crying, and funerals behind him, Ken Anderson is happy to be back practicing and playing the game that he loves. His teammates have welcomed him back with open arms and with over half the VHLM season in the books already, Ken Anderson will be looking toward improving the strength of this already strong Rush lineup. When asked about his future ambitions now that he is back as an active member of the team, Ken only had one thing to say: “Win the Championship”.

Edited by lere2001

Content: 3/3

A little short for my taste (523 words), just because I'd like to read more, but it fits the bill. 

Grammar: 2/2 Not much that I saw

•  get to your head, Ken explained. - punctuation swap
  • general managers - no need for apostrophe, it's a plural
  •  “On draft day, the general manager’s will draft whoever they please and once the season starts and it’s time to hit the ice, the order of the draft becomes a moot point and it becomes all about who has the guts and the determination to make it.” - borderline run-on sentence BUT since it's dialogue it's not a real problem

Appearance: 1/1

Looks good. It's a little thing, but I really love that extra-large opening letter.