My Unbiased Opinion: Toronto vs. Calgary

Ninetyfourgoalie

Obviously, the hot topic right now is the one playoff race yet to be determined.  With Calgary dumping Jakob Linholm and Tony Stark for a draft pick, can the Toronto Legion make up the deficit and take the third and final playoff spot in the North American Conference or will the Wranglers hold onto their shrinking lead?  Despite the losses suffered by Calgary, Toronto has failed to capitalize thus far, earning just 9 points in their past ten games - only one more than Calgary, not nearly good enough to erase the Wranglers' lead.  With a 9 point deficit and just fifteen games remaining, the Legion have their work cut out for them if they want to end their playoff drought which is currently the longest of any team in the VHL.  So, let's take a look at the remaining schedule for each team and make some predictions...

Legion

288 vs. Bears W
294 @ Reign L
297 vs. Express OTL
301 @ Express L
307 vs. Vikings W
315 @ HC Dynamo W
319 vs. Titans L
325 @ Express L 
329 vs. Wranglers W
331 @ Express L
336 vs. Vikings W
343 vs. Reign L 
346 @ HC Dynamo W 
352 vs. Bears W
356@ HC Dynamo W

Overall: 17 Points

Wranglers

289 @ Vikings W

292 @ Express L
299 vs. Reign L
305 vs. HC Dynamo W
310 @ Titans OTL
311 @ Reign L
317 vs. Bears W
324 vs. Reign L
329 @ Legion OTL
334 vs. Americans OTL
337 @ Americans L
341 @ Express L
348 vs. Meute L 
354 vs. Reign L
355 @ Meute L

Overall: 9 Points

After reviewing each team's schedule, it appears that it will be difficult for the Legion.  Assuming I manage to somehow be correct about all predictions, Toronto will still find itself back one point at the conclusion of the season.  Regardless, this will be an exciting race to watch as the Legion look to take the next step while the Wranglers begin their rebuilding process.

Bears aren't easy wins, well not for teams like yours.

Even if there's some sarcasm there, judging by what's happened so far this season, we've played six times. In these games, the Bears have earned a whopping 1 point.  I'd be pretty shocked if we lost to you guys tbh.

Edited by Ninetyfourgoalie

Even if there's some sarcasm there, judging by what's happened so far this season, we've played six times. In these games, the Bears have earned a whopping 1 point.  I'd be pretty shocked if we lost to you guys tbh.

Who knows tbh. The only other team we score more goals than against Toronto is Stockholm.