Claimed:Landry Has Amnesia?

Doomsday

Landry Has Amnesia?
confused-man-small1-470x241.jpg

DAVOS - Season 35 of the Victory Hockey League is already 27 games old for the Davos Dynamo. However, it seems as if one of their players has only just recently become aware of that fact. More startling is the fact that this player is second in points for the resurgent Davos squad, who are on pace to reach the playoffs just a season after finishing dead-last in the entire league. It is, of course, Thomas Landry, the sophomore winger who suddenly seemed to vanish from the league's spotlight weeks ago.

"It's the most bizarre thing," said a clearly confused Landry after a team practice. "The last thing I remember, the season was about to begin, I was so excited to be with the Dynamo and ready to go out and do my best, and suddenly... nothing. It's as if nothing existed anymore. Everything was so... different and foreign. I felt completely out of my element and nothing seemed to have a purpose. Then, out of nowhere... things mostly returned to normal. I don't understand it."

Keanu-Reeves-in-The-Lake--001.jpg

Rumors wildly circulated during his absence, including that he had been kidnapped, forcing Davos to send a body double to play in his place and that he was a troll sent to tie up Davos' finances, then simply vanish. Although many were prepared for the worst, it seems as if Thomas Landry is back at the Dynamo's team facilities, catching up with his teammates and preparing for the next game.

"I don't know what happened or where he's been," said teammate Tony Stark. "All that matters is that he found his way back and I could not be happier about that."

Team doctors believe that a traumatic incident caused Landry to experience a temporary stint of amnesia, although they have no idea what could have possibly caused it.

trust-me-im-a-doctor.jpg

"To be quite frank, your guess is as good as ours at this point in time," said Dr. Peter Bongstein. "We just don't know precisely when it was that the amnesia symptoms began or what it was he was doing. Anything we say at this point would just be wild speculation."

Doctors could also not explain how Landry was able to continue to suit up and play for Davos while being out of his mind, especially when asked to explain how he could manage to excel in that condition.

"I'm aware it doesn't make sense," continued Dr. Bongstein. "But really, who knows what was going through the guy's head? The man's been playing hockey for years upon years, so I must imagine that it's very ingrained into his psyche. Similar to how people can always remember to ride a bicycle."

f09lko.jpg

Landry regaining his senses could prove to be a big boost for the Dynamo, especially considering how he has already nearly equaled his point total in Season 34 in just over a third of the season. But then again, with how Landry has played being out of it, will he return to his form from last season, where he averaged a third of a point a game?

"I'm not worried about that at all," said Davos' general manager, Victor Alfredsson. "He's a much better player at this point of his career than he was last season, so I think him figuring it out will only add to his production. For all we know, he was only playing at half of his ability level all this time."

Landry's quest to regain his form will begin against the visiting Toronto Legion whenever Jardy decides to sim the file.

Jethro Novacek is a writer for the MSFL Times, which continues to survive against any and all odds. He enjoys a nice Chianti, smashing mailboxes with Lou Piniella and making all the reservations at Dorsia that he wishes to.

(Counting this for last week unless I'm told otherwise.)

Content: 3/3 - Cracked up at that last line so badly :lol: Loved this piece throughout. Good way to poke fun at the situation. Congrats on the high scoring totals for your team. Hopefully Landry picks it up now that his 'amnesia' has suddenly vanished.

Grammar: 2/2 - Struggled to find anything.

man's been -> man has been 
general manager, Victor Alfredsson -> no comma

Appearance: 1/1 - Good format and pics!

Overall: 6/6 

Content: 3/3 - I think Landry is definitely suffering from amnesia; you have 163 more hits than last year already! Anyways, funny article and I'm glad your doing well on old man Victor's team.

Grammar: 2/2 - Couldn't find anything else, nice job.

Appearance: 1/1 - Your pictures and gifs made me laugh.

Overall: 6/6

Final: 6/6

Edited by eaglesfan036

• 1 month later...