Claimed:S40's Best Emerge [Final 6/6]

gorlab

Jody 3 Moons.

Sachimo Zoidberg.

Those are the two names that are ringing out among VHL rookies this season. These two monsters have exceeded all expectations in their first season and decimated the rookie scoring race by a wide margin. The former Bratislava Watchmen teammates have set fire to the VHL this season with dominant play that saw them finish as the only rookies who cleared 100 points. Zoidberg rounded out the year with a fantastic 54 goals and 57 assists for 111 points, leading all rookies AND his team, the Toronto Legion, in goals and points. 3 Moons, who led the scoring race for a majority of the season, went into a slump during the final stretch of the season and finished with a respectable 29 goals and 81 assists for 110 points, 1 less than his former teammate and new-found rival.

DsA1l2G.jpg

Zoidberg and 3 Moons playing for the Bratislava Watchmen

Names like Thomas O'Malley and Mason Richardson, once thought of as the best prospects from the generational S40 VHL Entry Draft have almost fallen off the radar when compared to Zoidberg and 3 Moons. Despite putting up 110 & 98 points respectively in their rookie seasons, both players endured a sophomore slump that saw them finish well behind their S40 counterparts.

It's very likely that the S41 Rookie of the Year will be either 3 Moons or Zoidberg, despite solid seasons from other VHL rookies like Oskars Harumpf, Marcus Hurley, and Brady Stropko. Popular opinion seems to have the trophy going to Zoidberg but when 3 Moons was asked about the subject after New York's final game of the season, he had this to say:

"Yeah, Zoidberg had a very good season and caught fire down the stretch. Is he a good guy? Great player? One of the best I've ever seen. Is he better than me? I think if you look past his upstanding image and my, shall I say, more controversial image, it's pretty clear that there isn't much between us.

He scored 54 this season right? Wow. That's a lot of goals. But how many of those were big time goals? Goals that earned points for his team? Last time I checked I had almost twice the game winners that he had this season, despite scoring 20 less goals. Sure, garbage goals that mean nothing are fun to score, but I like to think I produce when the game is on the line. Another reporter told me my plus/minus and  was a lot better too. I'm not too surprised with that, I remember how he "played defence" in Bratislava.

I'll tell you one thing for sure though, he is one hell of a golfer. You put us in a tee box together and he's usually going to spank me. I'm really dreading this off-season too, considering he'll probably have about a month's head start on practicing seeing as I'll be busy playing for the Continental Cup while he's probably already got a tee time booked for this weekend."

llF2IRl.jpg?1

Zoidberg and 3 Moons on an off-season fishing trip

The out-spoken 3 Moons will spend the next week with his New York Americans teammates preparing for their NA Conference Final showdown with the Quebec Meute. Despite his confidence, it's rumoured that league brass have not liked how 3 Moons has behaved since entering the league and it's possible this will tip the scales in favour of Zoidberg for the Christian Stolzschweiger Trophy voting.

Regardless of which player ends up with the honour of being named S41's top rookie, both men should be very happy with their first professional season and if they keep up this level of play, both could very well be inducted into the VHL Hall of Fame one day.

Kendrick I see you liking posts in here, salty ass mf'er.

How am I salty? I don't care who is on top whether its Zoidberg, 3 Moons or Sundberg. I just know I'm a defender so getting near 100 points is special in itself.

Content: 3/3 - More than enough to work with here. Trying to lean the award in your favour with a Media Spot, eh?

Grammar: 2/2 - Nothing serious

"Another reporter told me my plus/minus and  was a lot better too" - 'and IT/THAT was a lot better too'

"Quebec Meute" - Quebec CITY Meute. Ya scrub.

Appearance: 1/1 - Looks snazzy.

Overall: 6/6

My bad on the later grading. I was trying to wait it out and let someone else grade because I didn't want to hog it all. I guess that was a bad idea.