Hans Gow?

CowboyinAmerica

1694.gif

Calgary (AP) -- With the Season 42 VHL Draft now behind us and games set to begin, VHL scouting departments have already begun to look at the prospects in the minors for the Season 43 draft. One of them is goalie Hans Wingate, who recently told the press some... startling news.

"I think I'm going to chance my name to Hans Gow. I need to get on somebody's good side," Wingate joked.

Upon being pressed further, Wingate acknowledged that he's looking to attract the attention of the management in both Calgary and Riga, which are managed by the Gow brothers. Entering this season, Calgary and Riga are the only teams without a clear-cut goaltender answer for Season 43, and both could be looking goalie in the next draft. When asked whether this name change is the correct way to go about attracting attention, the man currently known as Wingate demurred.

"Creepy? No, it's not creepy at all," the goalie said. "It's a term of endearment. At least, I hope they see it as endearment. Please don't take this the wrong way, Calgary and Riga! Please don't make me go to Davos and back up Sinclair again..."