FUCK KANYE WEST

Squinty

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, Kendrick and Bushito are being close-minded dicks? No way!

Kanye sucks as a person, but as a musician, there's not much better out there now. MBDTF is a classic. College Dropout is one of the best debut rap albums. Late Registration is one of the best follow ups to a great debut. Imo, 808's is also a borderline classic for the impact its had on the hip hop culture. Yeezus is fucking intense as well, not a classic, but a damn good album.

I always lol when fans of other genres criticize rappers for not rapping about anything and just tossing a bunch of shit together and saying it. As if every other genre doesn't do the same thing.

Wow, Kendrick and Bushito are being close-minded dicks? No way!

Kanye sucks as a person, but as a musician, there's not much better out there now. MBDTF is a classic. College Dropout is one of the best debut rap albums. Late Registration is one of the best follow ups to a great debut. Imo, 808's is also a borderline classic for the impact its had on the hip hop culture. Yeezus is fucking intense as well, not a classic, but a damn good album.

Coming from Spangle, that's saying a lot since he is the close-minded dick king. Actually, you guys say just cause we don't like him doesn't mean he sucks, yet go ahead and say right away he is the best musician out there. That's a stretch and by a long shot too. He is a musician, and a good one. Great? No and thats because great musician don't need to brag about their cars, money, hoe's and any other material shit. Artists who can sing a song that has meaning to a better degree than simply stating monetary value are far superior to Kanye in creativity, effort and respect by the masses. 

And no not every genre goes ahead and just sings about things they've thrown together. See the guy is a dick, but his music always comes off cocky just like every other present day rapper. Another reason why rap today has gone downhill. The rappers today think they are "hard" or "gangster", however they never went through the shit Tupac and Biggie went through anyways. Those guys rapped about things in their life that were miles apart from the glorious life these guys seem to think they weren't brought up in.

I always lol when a kid thinks he has street cred cause he listens to todays rap and tells me I don't know music cause I'm not down with rap. Rap is so far removed from where it came from it's not even funny. But I don't expect a guy like Spangle to even understand that.

And don't get me wrong, I've listened to Kanye and enjoyed some of his songs. However, calling him the best musician currently alive or best rapper of all-time is quite a bold statement and one that is hardly true. I just love the fact people back the guy up and say "well you don't know rap" or "you don't know what Kanye is about", yet we could all say the same to them about other genres. It's my opinion, I'm not saying yours is wrong, but it's terribly misguided.

And don't get me wrong, I've listened to Kanye and enjoyed some of his songs. However, calling him the best musician currently alive or best rapper of all-time is quite a bold statement and one that is hardly true. I just love the fact people back the guy up and say "well you don't know rap" or "you don't know what Kanye is about", yet we could all say the same to them about other genres. It's my opinion, I'm not saying yours is wrong, but it's terribly misguided.

next postttt

Edited by Squinty

Coming from Spangle, that's saying a lot since he is the close-minded dick king. Actually, you guys say just cause we don't like him doesn't mean he sucks, yet go ahead and say right away he is the best musician out there. That's a stretch and by a long shot too. He is a musician, and a good one. Great? No and thats because great musician don't need to brag about their cars, money, hoe's and any other material shit. Artists who can sing a song that has meaning to a better degree than simply stating monetary value are far superior to Kanye in creativity, effort and respect by the masses. 

And no not every genre goes ahead and just sings about things they've thrown together. See the guy is a dick, but his music always comes off cocky just like every other present day rapper. Another reason why rap today has gone downhill. The rappers today think they are "hard" or "gangster", however they never went through the shit Tupac and Biggie went through anyways. Those guys rapped about things in their life that were miles apart from the glorious life these guys seem to think they weren't brought up in.

I always lol when a kid thinks he has street cred cause he listens to todays rap and tells me I don't know music cause I'm not down with rap. Rap is so far removed from where it came from it's not even funny. But I don't expect a guy like Spangle to even understand that.

1. He said ONE OF, not THE

2. Incorrect, he is great.

3. A great musician can sing or rap about anything he wants. Bragging about material things has nothing to do with whether or not a person is a great musician or not. It does reflect him as a person, and his character, but that doesn't have anything to do with his music.

4. Have you listened to Kendrick Lamar or Lupe?

5. Kendrick grew up in Compton, his best friend, who was basically a brother to him was gunned down last year. Didn't go through the shit Tupac and Biggie went through? Think again.

Regarding your last post, his brother may have been shot down but Tupac and Biggie it was a fight from the day they were born to even make it out of their neighbourhood alive. Big whoop about present day

Regarding your last post, his brother may have been shot down but Tupac and Biggie it was a fight from the day they were born to even make it out of their neighbourhood alive. Big whoop about present day

Times change though, you can't compare a present day rappers situation to that of Tupac or Biggie, simply because it's not possible for them to be in a situation like they were in. It just doesn't work.

Biggie's Mom was a school teacher and didn't have much of a struggle in childhood at all. The problems he had growing up were of his own doing of WANTING to sell drugs, not because the odds were stacked against him.

When have I ever said I have street cred? And of course rap has changed. Everything changes, especially after guys die because of it.

Oh and Squinty's response is essentially what I was going to say. I never claimed Kanye was the best.

No way you can compare current day to past struggles. Society has changed. Stop being so ignorant. You're blinded by your hate.

But yet you guys claim he is one of the best musicians to ever live, yet thats ignorant too. He is not