Larsson enjoying time in Quebec

sherifflobo

"It's a different experience for me, the culture is way different.  My teammates are all fantastic and I couldn't have asked for a better situation right now." -  Larsson

So far in 34 games, the eighth year forward has 48 points.  If he keeps his production up, he would eclipse the 100 point mark for the first time in his career.  While his point production is up, his hits totals seem to be down slightly, with only 159 hits so far in the season.

"I'm playing with some fantastic players and I don't really care about personal awards, all I care about is raising that cup at the end of the post-season.  It will be tough to get through the playoffs as Calgary has a ridiculously good team right now, but I know we can do it."

Larsson is just 190 hits away from tying David Smalling's extraordinary hits record of 2692, 191 away from beating it (Larsson has 2502).  Larsson finished the last season with a career 2343 hits.  He needs to finish with just 349 hits to tie the record, which is certainly attainable, although he is on pace for just 336, which would put him a minuscule 13 hits away.