Claimed:Jogging with Ruutu [Final 6/6]

jRuutu

NMYDCn1.png

After the long and hard season is over , the much anticipated time of the year is finally here. I´m of course talking about the summer holiday. Off-season is important part of hockey players life. It´s the time when you can totally forget hockey and just relax. Some players like to travel the world , while some players just stay closer to home with the family and have good time.  You can do lot´s of things during the off-season. Sit on the beach , watch tv or play some other sports. Golf is a popular game to play during the off-season.  Coaching staff likes it as well since there is quite small change for players to get injured seriously while playing.

You can´t just relax all summer long , you need to keep basic level of fitness up. Or at least start to do so before the actual training camp starts. Makes it easier to get back in shape for the new season. Small thing, but lost points early in the season usually cost you at the end. Missing the playoffs because you ate too much cake during the off-season is not a nice feeling. 

We saw Ottawa Lynx player Jorma Ruutu in a community event here in Ottawa shortly after the season was officially over for them.  He was nice enough to answer few of our questions!

Hello Jorma! Disappointed to start the summer break already?

Ruutu:  Hello there! Well you know , playoffs are totally different world compared to regular season. We just didn´t have enough fuel in the tank to beat Gladiators. Close games but i guess they wanted it more, they deserved their place in the semi-finals. 

What kind of event is this by the way?

Ruutu: Oh ,people here try to encourage everybody to exercise more and just enjoy sports in general.  We are going to run little bit today. All over Ottawa i guess. Not sure yet but i hope you got your running shoes with you?

I do actually , got any plans for off-season?

Ruutu: Nothing major. I´ve been thinking of visiting some warm place and spend some time there. Need to get a glorious tan before the training camp starts. Might visit my family and friends back in Finland too. Perfect time to visit Finland now , it´s summer there! Or should be.   Then after i´m done my travelling , i´m going to spend some time here in Ottawa and just relax. Play some golf , eat and rest well.   

When is the training camp starting?

Ruutu: Not sure but too soon , as always.  I made some mistakes during last off-season back in Finland but i have learned from those. Need to start running well before the official training camp starts.  I should be ready to roll when the season starts and hopefully we manage to steal some points from the big teams that will help us later in the season. Start of the season is a perfect time to steal some points from the bigger teams,  they might not be on top of their game so early. 

Thank you Jorma , have a fun summer holiday! 

Content 3/3 Good

Grammar 2/2 Yup, just a few things

visiting some warm place and spend some time there - spending 

quite small change for players to get injured -  chance

Off-season is important part - is an important part 

run little bit - run a little bit 

Appearance 1/1 Looks great