Claimed:This Davos is on Fire [Final 6/6]

Tylar

HC Davos Dynamo on Fire 

Like the hit Alicia Keys song states "this Davos is on fire", to start S43 with a 9-2-1 record which is good for second in the European Conference. They are currently on a five game win streak and have put on a defensive clinic early in the season with a league low 14 goals against. After a roller-coaster season last year the Dynamo have bounced back and are surprising some around the league. The team has a young core that has the potential to grow together as a group even if they don’t win this season.

A lot of their success is due to young goaltender Callum Sinclair. Sinclair has posted amazing numbers which include a 1.32 goals against average and .946 save percentage. He has also recorded two shutouts and has been named the number one star three times in 12 games.  After his rough season last year he has started off S43 with a bang and will look to keep going as the season goes on. The team in front of him has been limiting his shots against which has helped Sinclair gain confidence in the net and make the key saves.

LA-Kings-goalie-Jonathan--007.jpg

Callum Sinclair making his one of many saves

Another reason for the team’s success is due to the play of forwards Gifford Shock and Devin Sundberg. These two forwards are leading the way offensively for the Dynamo with 16 and 13 points respectively.  Gifford Shock is leading the team in points and has been a breakout player for the Dynamo this season. The two are in the top 20 for points in the VHL and both are major parts of the Dynamo core. Their defense also saw some changes during the off-season with the addition of veteran Mason Richardson to go along with remaining players Andrey Zadorov and Vladimir Komarov. Richardson immediately became their number one defenseman and has been a big addition to the blue line. One of the major differences on the blue line with this year’s team is the emergence of Vladimir Komarov. Komarov has broken out offensively this season with 15 points in 12 games leading the way for scoring on the team for defenseman and is in the top 5 in total defenseman scoring in the VHL. Richardson and Komarov have solidified their blue line and it has made a big difference in the early going of S43. The old Andrey Zadorov is also contributing a little offense to the team with 7 points in 12 games. At the beginning of the season the veteran announced this would be his last season in the VHL then he will be retiring.

Jake-Muzzin-and-Jonathan-Quick.jpg

Komarov congratulating Sinclair during their recent win over Toronto

“It was a hard thing to do but I knew it was time. I had seven great seasons in the VHL and I am extremely happy with how it turned out. I won a cup and was named an all-star twice which I am very proud of. As sad as I am about retiring I'm looking forward to my non playing career future. I will probably start a player agency for players thinking about declaring for the VHLM draft in the future.”
~Andrey Zadorov on retirement

It is early in S43 but HC Davos Dynamo have been red hot. Will Davos be able to keep this going or will inexperience creep in? There is still a lot of time left and Davos will be looking for consistency for the remainder of the season. 

PS: Sorry in advance if this ends up being a jinx. Needed something to write about [;

Edited by Tylar