Claimed:Snow Makes Waves to Start GM Tenure [Final 6/6]

Jericho

Snow Makes Waves to Start GM Tenure

Anyone who knows the name Kyle Snow can attribute it to a few things. Good players, loyalty and controversial decisions. Having held a lot of positions during his 21 seasons in the league he's made a lot of decisions that people haven't agreed with. Now, having just started his second reign as a VHLM GM he's already started to raise eyebrows and make headlines.

TonyStark.jpg

Kyle Snow, GM of the Watchmen and also Iron Man

To set the stage, Snow was brought in as the GM of the Bratislava Watchmen in less than ideal circumstances. Replacing his predecessor mid season he was faced with decisions that required his immediate attention. The Watchmen had an over abundance of active forwards and there wasn't enough ice time for everyone. After taking time to assess his assets and decide what he wanted he struck a trade within 24 hours to send several of his young players away for an inactive, high TPE player. This allowed him to give everyone reasonable ice time and the assets he retained were satisfied with the results.

The same could not be said for the assets he sent away. In the time since the trade we've seen a multitude of outraged posts and point tasks dedicated to showing the lack of appreciation the prospects have for being dealt. Snow has not issued an apology and only now comments on the trade for the first time.

"I make no apologies for the trade I made. I had a job to do and someone had to go. I sent away a waiver pickup, essentially a rental, and a defenseman who Terrence [Fong] demanded be part of the deal. The trade sent my guys somewhere they'd do well and be surrounded by peers. I could have given them much worse homes. As for the results, we're 7-1 since I took over and made that trade. They speak for themselves. I'm not done with the trades yet either. I plan to win, and I'm going to do it by upholding my personal standards. I want a team that's happy on the day-to-day. A team that enjoys the journey, not just the destination. I hope that these young men can get past these hard feelings, but even if they don't I'm not going to think twice about this decision. It was the right call. Someone had to go, and I made the best of a situation I didn't ask for. The rest of the guys are pleased with how things have been going so far. We have a really positive dressing room and I'm incredibly happy with the guys I have left. Lastly I'd like to address the situation with Mr. Escobar. My predecessor had brought him on to shadow him until such time as a GM spot was made available to him. I've allowed him to stay on under my reign as well. He'll be allowed to learn from me until such time as he takes over another team for himself."

assistant_general_manager.jpg?1339197004

Mr. Escobar, the Assistant GM

From these comments we can assume that this isn't the last trade the Watchmen make. We'll see how this ultimately plays out. Will Snow piss anyone else off with his moves? Will that have any influence on his decisions? Previous history says that it probably won't, but time will tell to see how things go for the Watchmen and their new GM.

Content: 3/3 - Is good. Good things in here. I like the things. Article = good. You = good GM. Good. Three out of three.

Grammar: 2/2 -

"Mr. Escobar" - Escabar, not obar. Fggt.

Appearance: 1/1 - Is good. I like.

Overall: 6/6