All Eyes On Campbell

Banackock

Blake Campbell was fresh off a S42 Founders Cup victory when he made leap into the Viking's rosters. There he sat, behind a potential Hall of Famer Brick Wahl, trying to prove to the fans that the future of Stockholm was in good hands when it comes to future goaltending. Throughout the season, he played quite a few games, went 19-1-1 with a GAA of 1.40 and a Save % of .930. Along with those stats, he shut out his opponents 8 times, meaning of his 21 recorded games, he shut out his opponents 38% of the time. He's a young guy with a lot left to learn in the league, and although good, we feel there's quite the road ahead of him in order to become a true #1, elite goalie in the VHL. Will he accomplish this? Let's hear what he has to say.

When I first entered the league, I was flying. I felt great and that nothing could stop me. Obviously with age, comes depreciation. Everything that goes along, gains a little rust or has to work harder in order to work a full 100%. I will admit the last while has been tough. I've been extremely busy, so maybe my full attention hasn't been there, but I'm still working the same as I used to - it just takes a little more. Stockholm management and the team have been great to me and have put a lot of faith in me the day they drafted me. I hate to say it because it may make me sound cocky, but If I go belly up, it f*cks them quite a bit and I don't want to do that to them. I will continue to push in hopes that we can lift the cup ASAP.