Claimed:BBVHL Episode 01 (For Grading) [Final 6/6]

Molholt

Episode 01

---

Big Brother VHL - Entering the House

---

Welcome to Molholt's version of VHL Big Brother, the show that puts a group of people inside a home, completely secluded from the outside world and has them compete to be the last one standing through evictions and challenges that will test them physically and mentally. They will have to work together, forge alliances and find common ground to get the end. Who will win the first ever edition of VHL Big Brother? Let's find out!

Introductions Roll, crowd gets to know the house guests that will be on this season.

"Hello everyone and welcome to Big Brother VHL, I'm your host, Molholt. Who is ready to see where you'll be spending your offseason?"

The entire group answers with positive cheers, standing outside the Big Brother house, waiting to see who will be entering the house first. Brief introductions will follow, but it will also be crucial in determining which bed you'll be staying in at the beginning of the game, and who you'll be rooming nearby. Also, will there be enough spots for everyone to have their own bed, or will some be left out?

"The first group to enter the house will be... Kerkko, Archie, Phil, Ariel, Hans, Niklaus, Travis and Simon! You may now enter!"

The selected house guests appear to be excited, grabbing their bags and heading inside. Outside the remaining house guests wait patiently. Inside the first selected are scrambling to find the best rooms, as well as getting to know each other. Ariel Weinstein and Phil Hamilton recognize each other from the same draft class, they introduce themselves and already they seem to have a bond

"The following house guests may now enter the Big Brother house... Wesley, Tyler, Marquis, Le'Sean, Golden and Bismarck. Go on in!"

The six head inside, begin meeting those who have already selected their rooms and pick from what is left. It appears that they've taken up all of the open beds. Outside, Edwin Reencarnacion and Jackson Miller await their entrance, Miller looks annoyed. 

"Jackson and Edwin, you may now enter the house!"

They both head inside, eager to meet the others and find out where they'll be sleeping. It becomes apparent quickly that they won't have a bed to call their own. Edwin seems fine with this realization...

"Yeah, I think I'll just find myself a nice spot on a couch or something. I never really needed a fancy place to sleep. Plus, I'll probably find my way into someone else's bed soon enough anyway. - Edwin Reencarnacion

Miller appears to still be annoyed at the fact that he'll be last, but he keeps it to himself for now, settling in the living room area with the rest of the house guests. They all begin to converse, getting to know one another. Some of them are already familiar, while others are relatively unknown. Everyone seems to know Travis Boychuk, although he isn't very familiar with the younger group. As they talk, they are interrupted by the host Molholt with a new directive.

"Hello again house guests, I hope you're ready to get the competitions under way, as it is already time to crown our Head of Household!  But first, we have a special twist that some of you might be familiar with, the Battle of the Block twist! That means that each week there will be two Heads of Household, who will both nominate two players for eviction. Each group of two nominees will compete in a head to head battle to determine who stays on the block for eviction and which Head of Household remains in power!"

---

Big Brother VHL - Head of Household Competition

---

The group has mixed emotions about this announcement. Some surprise, but mostly excitement. It seems that most of the contestants have done a little research on the show, and probably saw this coming. We head to the backyard where we see the first group preparing for their competition: Niklaus, Marquis, Hans, Ariel, Le'Sean, Wesley, Edwin and Bismarck make up the first grouping. The first competition is a balancing act, as each player is required to stand upon a novelty sized hockey stick, protruding from a wall. The last person to remain standing is the first Head of Household! The only catch? Large, plastic hockey pucks are periodically "shot" at the contestants to test their balance. The competition begins!

As the competition begins, immediately Edwin Reencarnacion begins shouting at the players next to him, jokingly throwing obscenities that the show must censor at Wesley and Le'Sean. Wesley actually tries to redirect one of the plastic pucks at Edwin to knock him off, perhaps somewhat outside of the "rules," which actually causes Babiy to fall off. Edwin and Le'Sean both fall off in a fit of laughter. 

Diary Room Interview: "I knew I didn't want to win the first competition and look like a huge threat, so I figured I would have some fun and hopefully cause some people to fall. Obviously it worked like a charm." - Edwin Reencarnacion

Niklaus Mikaelson tries to follow suit with Edwin's smack talking, but it doesn't go over well for him. The house guests seem to think he's a bit brash and find his taunting annoying. He gets hit with a hockey puck, while not paying attention and falls off of his plank. Marquis falls off as well, looking a bit sad, perhaps falling off to hide that his feelings might have been hurt by something Niklaus said, or perhaps he just didn't want to win early on like Edwin. 

Diary Room Interview: "Yeah I think it went really well, they definitely got that I was joking around." - Niklaus Mikaelson

With just Hans, Ariel and Bismarck left, the pucks became more frequent and more targeted. Hans was catching a lot of them, he seemed to be playing his own little game. Koenig fell out of the blue, and the surprise seemed to take Ariel and Hans' focus off of the game. They both looked in his direction and both fell at the same time! Hans hit first!

"Congratulations Ariel, you are the first Head of Household in Big Brother VHL!"

The second group of house guests were preparing to compete as the first group congratulated Ariel. The second competition was called "Penalty Box," although it was nothing like one. The contestants had to hold on to a suspended box for as long as they could, using only their hands and arms to grip the dangling box. This competition went by much quicker than the first, as people began falling almost immediately. It seems no one had a great strategy for holding on except for Tyler Cote and Golden Jedtsson. Golden asks Tyler if he would keep him safe if he fell and Cote agreed. Golden dropped on purpose just 7 minutes into the competition to give Tyler Cote the second Head of Household!

"Congratulations Tyler, you will join Ariel as the first Heads of Households in BBVHL. You will both share the HoH room until one of you is dethroned with the Battle of the Block. Be thinking about who you want to nominate, because the nomination ceremony will be here quicker than you think!"

---

Big Brother VHL - Around the House

---

The house guests return to the living room and continue discussing the HOH competition. Everyone is congratulating Ariel and Tyler on their victories and trying to gauge who will be nominated. We see a cut away of Jackson Miller wondering around the house alone after going to the bathroom. Miller wanders into the room in which Kerkko, Simon and Wesley are staying in. Noticing some of Kerkko's things on one of the beds and still being upset about not getting one of his own, Miller flips Kerkko's bed over

Diary Room Interview: "It just really annoys me that a prospect would get to go into the house before me. It is mostly just a little bit of rookie hazing though, welcome to Calgary!" - Jackson Miller

---

Big Brother VHL - Nomination Ceremony

---

We see prior footage of the reaction to Miller's bed flip. The house seems split on the "prank," with some finding it funny, including Kerkko, but others find it cruel or annoying. Ariel and Tyler meet to discuss who they will nominate. Ariel is thinking of random house guests, because he just doesn't know who is a threat yet and hasn't had time to socialize much. Cote seems to have a target in mind already. We head to the nomination ceremony where Ariel Weinstein is preparing his nominations...

"As Heads of Household, we must both each nominate two players for eviction. By random draw, I will nominate first. The first person I have nominated is..."

photo-thumb-1500.jpg

Wesley Babiy

"...the second nomination is..."

j9y005.png

Bismarck Koenig

"I have chosen you Wesley and you Bismarck. I haven't had much of a chance to talk game with either of you yet, so I wish you the best of luck in the Battle of the Block, but it is nothing personal."

Wesley seems annoyed, his lips showing his frustration with being nominated by a fellow prospect. Koenig seems unfazed. Tyler Cote prepares to make his nominations.

"My first nomination is..."

2e219g5.jpg

Jackson Miller

"...second nomination..."

zvoqqc.jpg

Niklaus Mikaelson

"Miller, I've nominated you primarily for the bed incident. With it being so early on, I had to find a reason to put up someone else next to Niklaus. Niklaus, I want you out of here - I can't stand you. Sorry, I won't hold anything back. This concludes the nomination ceremony."

Mikaelson immediately begins jawing back at Cote, as the two start to get into an insult laden argument. The rest of the house guests disperse, with some consoling the nominees and others celebrating their safety. 

Who will wind up staying on the block after the Battle of the Block removes one group of nominations and dethrones one of the house guests? Will someone win the Power of Veto and utilize it to veto one of the nominations? Who will be the first house guest to be evicted from the house? Find out on the next episode of Big Brother VHL!

---

Footer: All events in the game are done through a simulator. I write the story around those things, so as to not make any decisions on who wins/loses, etc. Any depictions of players are my own and are meant to be fun - if you're offended by something, let me know and I'll do it more. Kidding. 

Content: 3/3
1755-word marathon. It's a good thing that I'm a Big Brother fan, and the simulator which I assume is the only Big Brother simulator causes quite a few good moments as we have already seen. Joking around, Miller having a fit, and Cote taking names... this is off to a good start! I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Grammar: 2/2
Some hyphen stuff but who cares? Pretty much perfect, it bugs me that I didn't spot more in a longer piece.

offseason -> off-season

Appearance: 1/1

Bold, colours, pictures for houseguests. Cool

Overall: 6/6