VHL Magazine Power Poll - EA NHL

Toast

VHL Magazine Power Poll  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just a couple of days ago, there was a poll Mr. Power posted to see what people thought of the off-season Super Cup tournament. You can see the thread HERE.

As you can see, the yes option of the poll just barely edged out those who didn't care really or weren't a fan whatsoever, which got me thinking of things the league may be interested instead. Either it be the all star selections, or a fantasy draft along the lines of the Super Cup, it seems that games played out on the EA NHL series garner a lot of attention on other sites.

This has seen success elsewhere, and if there were those who were willing to put the work in to get this game done, it'd be a nice little event for members to look forward to.

That's also the downside though. There is a lot of work that would go in to creating players and recording an NHL game for just possibly one or a few games.

If it's something that the league would like to see though, then it might be all worth it in the end. That brings us to this week's Power Poll question. Would you like to see a for-fun VHL game recorded on EA NHL during the off-season?

If interest is dwindling in tournaments, then this could be a good option for us... as always, comment with your votes!

Edited by Toast

If there was something that got me to stick around the SBA, this would have been it. Loved the offseason NBA 2K exhibitions and the Twitch broadcasts/chat room that went along with them. Doing something similar to what they did (at least when I was there last year) would make creating the file worthwhile and give a lot of content for people:

- 6 teams (could do same draft style as Super Cup or something new - could be fun for GMs being able to design team names/jerseys as well)

- 2 divisions of three teams each, play everybody else in your division, tiebreakers are W-L, goal differential, goals for (6 total games, could do one or two per night, depending on what simmers wanted to do)

- Division 1 Winner plays Division 2 Runner Up and vice versa in semis, winners face off next day in Finals

Only problem I can see is simmers for 9 games in 5-9 days and having people with EA NHL able to stream, but there's donation cash sitting there waiting for a purpose...

Would love it, but the leg work/realism of it would be hard to counter balance. It'd be a neat project though if we could find a way to make it work. 

Leg work yes (albeit once every three seasons, could start mid-season the year before to prep), I'd argue who cares about realism? Especially if it's just for small TPE or store cash, there's enough ways to get a STHS realism fix anyway. And Super Cup doesn't exactly have the history of the World Cup to back it up.