Getting to Know... Evgeny Nezhmetdinov

Alucard

Getting to Know... Evgeny Nezhmetdinov

VHL.com

Talented Kazak winger Evgeny Nezhmetdinov has had an impressive first season with the Oslo Storm, and is likely to be one player who will attract a lot of interest ahead of the S45 VHL Entry Draft, but who is the tricky little fucker? This week on Getting to Know... we caught up with Nezhmetdinov after training one day, and ran him through the usual series of random questions. We even gave him some cake to loosen his tongue.

9621241.jpg

VHLWelcome Evgeny! Can we call you Nez?

Nez: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.

VHLAll right, Susan it is! So, Susan... we're going to dive right into the deep end. Would you rather have a head the size of tennis ball, or a watermelon?

Nez: So my choices are that I get a head the size of a tennis ball, or I get a watermelon? Watermelon, please.

VHLHmmm... you're a bit of a smart ass, aren't you? I'll have to keep my eye on you. Nezt question!

Nez: That was terrible.

VHLI know. I couldn't resist. Next question: what was the last thing you listened to?

Nez: I was listening to Creedance Clearwater Revival in the car... but in the gym I was listening to Zyklon.

VHLAnd the last thing you read?

Nez: H.P. Lovecraft—At the Mountains of Madness.

VHLDid it drive you mad?

Nez: No, not really. I like Lovecraft though; The Rats in the Walls is one of my favourite short stories.

VHLCool. What was the last thing you watched?

Nez: I can't tell you that now. This is bat country.

VHLAhh, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas?

Nez: Yeah, great film.

VHLIt is indeed! And the last person you kissed?

Nez: Your mother?

VHLI walked into that one... how's the cake?

Nez: Good. It's tasty. Not as tasty as your uh... next question?

VHLNext question. Pineapple on pizza?

Nez: Shit yeah.

VHLWhat are your plans for the future?

Nez: Really? You're just going to spring that on me after 'pineapple on pizza'? I don't know, man. I'm just looking forward to the play-offs right now, and when they're done I'm sure the draft will be super crazy. Beyond that... I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing, and hopefully I'll have a good career in the VHL.

VHL: All right, well we're well over our word count now, so I guess that's that! Thanks for talking to us, Susan.

Nez: No problem.