Claimed:Faux-cused[Final 6/6]

Tylar

Faux-cused

3UtAjA4.jpg?1

Last season Marcel Faux had a good season split between the Saskatoon Wild and the Bern Royals. He finished last season with 97 points in 72 regular season games. With the Bern Royals he had 12 points in 11 games and the rest of his points came with the struggling Wild team. Then in the play-offs he played extremely well on the second line on a deep Bern team scoring 13 points in 12 games. He then went onto win the cup with the Bern Royals. In the off-season he was then traded back to the Saskatoon Wild as the Royals began to rebuild.

This season has been different for Marcel Faux. Faux started off the season hot and has not cooled down at all. He was battling for the top spot in scoring with Koponen which now looks like he’ll be for sure winning it. Marcel’s spectacular season has a lot to do with the strong Saskatoon team he is on. But one of the major differences was that he came into camp focused. This season he led the Saskatoon Wild in points with 136. He record a league leading 66 goals and recorded 70 assists. Faux was simply spectacular all season long but had some help from an extremely talented core of players on the Wild.

“This off-season I put in a lot of work in the gym and Helsinki training room. Management told me to go back to the VHLM and get better. They told me to work on all-around game and to not focus on just points. I think this stint in the VHLM has made me an overall better player. I’m looking forward to the upcoming play-offs and hope I can help lead the team far into the play-offs. I’m extremely happy with how this season went for me individually and for the team.”

Next step for Faux is to focus on the upcoming VHLM play-offs and help lead Saskatoon to the cup. Although the Wild look like heavy favorites they began to struggle down the stretch. Faux began to lose his focus near the end of the season along with the rest of the team by looking too far ahead. Being the favorites can sometimes be a bad thing which is something the Wild are trying to avoid. The Wild will have time to focus on their second round match-up with the bye they received for finishing first in the conference. Yukon and Brampton will battle it out in the first round while the Wild sit back and watch those two teams beat each other up. Hopefully they beat each other up enough so Saskatoon can go in for the kill in round two. But it will be in Saskatoon’s hands, whether they want the cup bad enough or they’ll just pack it up in the play-offs. It’s going to be a long and tiring play-offs for the Wild who are going to have to stay focused in order to come out on top at the end of the play-offs.