Claimed:The Rise of Bratislava [Final 6/6]

Ahma

When the season began, almost no one thought that the Bratislava Watchmen would be serious contenders come the playoffs. The only ones who had faith in the Watchmen team were the GM Blake Campbell (Banackock), Simon Valmount (Ahma) and Alexander Davidson (BigTittySmitty). When Campbell came in, things started to happen. At the beginning there was even talk of trading away Valmount and Davidson out to a better contender, but Valmount decided to stick in Bratislava, as he had faith in Campbell. And that was the right decision, even if Bratislava’s season ends soon in the playoffs, Valmount doesn’t have any regrets. He is more than happy that he decided not to leave Bratislava.

Blake and Simon Valmount discussed trades and some other stuff. But, in the end, the GM made the calls. He traded, signed and claimed off waivers many players, and made the Bratislava team a very good team which can compete. At the moment we are up 2-0 against Oslo Storm in the VHLM semifinals. Watchmen are the underdogs in this matchup, they have been during every game in the regular season too (against Oslo).

Can the Watchmen make their dreams true? If the Watchmen get in to the finals (most likely against Saskatoon, but you never know what happens) will they do what the Seattle Bears did in the Season 43? Let’s not get too ahead of ourselves, what happens, happens.

Hockey is a game where you cannot be 100 % sure of what will happen during the game.

KJ5OQk7.jpg

At this point I want to point out the two saddest moments of the season. One: Lenny Face, the mental support, leader and mentor (although Valmount is the captain) was traded to Moscow Red Wolves. Second: Filip Lundqvist was traded for Doritos, I mean for frickin’ Doritos! Sad.

Doritos_at_Hempfest.jpg

Seriously, that's all what's his worth?

Back to the regular season. The Bratislava Watchmen finished with a decent record, 41 wins, 25 loses and 6 overtime losses, total of 88 points, one point ahead of the Brampton Blades. Considering that there were many acquisitions during the whole season and we started with a not-so-good roster. We didn’t even have a goalie! There are many valuable moves, so you cannot pick one which stands out the most. Someone should count how many moves the GM made.

Compared to other top VHLM teams, Bratislava’s goals against and goals for is not good. Goals for is good, but the problem is defense, but with Coca Cola saving the day, defense isn’t that bad. Every team has their weaknesses and strengths.

Anonymous question asker is back again. Today he/she asked has a question for Simon Valmount.

Hello again. Straight to the point, what is your opinion about Bratislava’s season so far?

Hello. Hmm… I think we have done very well. Our new GM who got hired in the beginning of the season has done a-m-a-z-i-n-g job. We would not have made it this far without him. Our record is not that bad. It could be better, but it’s understandable, since we have made many trades and so on. I like how our team is looking now. We swept the Moscow Red Wolves and now we are 2-0 up against Oslo Storm. They are tough opponents, but we can do it. Coca Cola has to play his best and we have to trust our defensive game. Then we have utilize our scoring chances, and in that area, we are doing very well! For example I have 10 shots and 4 goals in those 2 games against Oslo.

119055_eb.jpg

Valmount's favorite anonymous question asker asked a tough question this time. Luckily, Valmount was prepared (ignore those damn draft logos in the background).

Edited by Ahma

Thank you, my friend, for the kind words. At the start of the season, obviously we had our doubts but Bratislava truly flipped around throughout the duration of the season. It could have been better, but it def. could have been a lot worse. 

Couldn't have done it without your support, as well as Smitty's. Especially when both of you wished to stay and stick around to see if I could actually make my vision a reality. :cheers:

Content 3/3 - It's nice to see that Bratislava is doing so well, and it's always cool to hear a player give their feedback on the season with the team. It seems like it's a nice locker room community for sure with everyone being supportive, but trading someone for a bag of Doritos? I hope it was at least the dill pickle ones.

Grammar 2/2 - Some awkward sentences, but nothing too bad! Really impressive. An example of awkward wording though:

claimed off waivers many players -> claimed many players off waivers

Appearance 1/1 - Looks good! I'd like to see a picture at the top of the story next time though! No problem if you just keep using this format.

Final 6/6