FAN590 Vs Twitter Payouts

Baozi

• Head Moderator

So given the content and structure of FAN590s where like 90% of the postings are junk or non-sensible (possibly including what I write here next) why is it that nobody uses the the twitter feed function for the same payout???

Easy, because people are lazy and don't want to have to login to twitter on a different site and then tweet then post back proof or whatever. The solution could be to have a twitter fed embedded on the website that allows us to see our hastags and to have an EASY TO USE SHOUTBOX where people can tweet and login all on the same form.

Heck this is so easy to do on the SHL its actually my primary form of income believe it or not. We have the chat features which is better than what is over there, why can't we have the tweet shoutboux thing too? Not to mention the twitter hastags are likely to generate content in a medium seen by other people. You never know who is going to stumble across a #VHLHockey or #Victor #boobs #Rigging hastag and wander over here right?

Unless of course I haven't seen the feature somewhere, its something I suggest we look at implementing into the site!

I've generally not a fan of shoutboxes - I'm an old and I don't like having to scroll back to read all the conversations, since they're generally poorly laid out. But I do see the benefits of Twitter specifically, would like those more than normal ones.

• Head Moderator

I actually hate that the SHL has it. I feel it looks horrible on the page.

Functionally though, lots of people seem to use their twitter tags primarily because it is available there to use. Maybe if someone incorporated aesthetically well into the website it could work?

So what the SBA have? I would like that

Whats that?

Functionally though, lots of people seem to use their twitter tags primarily because it is available there to use. Maybe if someone incorporated aesthetically well into the website it could work?

Whats that?

I don't think there is a way you can add it where it doesn't look horrible. I just find it takes up space and looks like an eyesore.