Wingate looking for yet another win

CowboyinAmerica

CalgaryLate.jpg

Calgary, AB -- Hans Wingate might only be two seasons into his VHL career, but already he's earning a reputation for clutch play. First, it was the Season 43 World Cup, where his play between the pipes helped guide Western Europe to victory and himself to Breakout Star honors. Then, it was the Season 44 playoffs, where the Calgary Wranglers won the whole deal. He was the only player on both winning teams.

Now, it's the Season 44 Super Cup, where Wingate also serves as a GM. If he can win this tournament too, he'll be riding a streak of three-straight tournament victories into Season 45.

"All this winning is something new for my agency; I'm not quite sure how to handle it," Wingate said. "All I can do is practice with my Super Cup team and hope something good comes."

He does feel confident entering the Super Cup, as he feels he has put together a good team. Even with no Calgary teammates on his squad, he feels that his team has enough experience to go far.

"Guys like Hunter and Klose played on Western Europe with me, Wylde and Thomassen have been in the VHL Finals before, and countless other guys have been in high-stakes games in the VHLM. I think we're going to be just fine on that count."