Claimed:Apathy Central

sterling

Apathy Central

This is my first media spot in a long time and with it I want to bring to you some important information. There is a real sense of apathy taking over our fine league. What does apathy mean you might ask? It means people don't give a fuck. Unfortunately this is one guy who does give a fuck about the VHL and with it I want this culture to leave. We can do better than this, can't we?

take-your-passion-1.jpg

It recently came to my attention that one of the VHLM Commish's claimed TPE for a job he hasn't done since the new site launched. In fact, the VHLM has been as inactive as humanly possible because neither of the TWO people hired to run the league have been doing sweet fuck all since we moved sites. Now I understand the site switch was an unexpected pain in the ass and all, but it's not like the league lost much in terms of content. We lost a lot of spirit and energy though, enough for me to ask what's the point of running this thing?

There are also graphics that have been waiting for grades for up to two weeks now from what I have been told. What the shit is that? Last time I checked, there were people looking for jobs in the league were there not? Hire some of them to start getting things going. Graders and commishes need to do their job and from what I've seen as of late, neither have been doing much of anything. Sure, it's a volunteer thing, I understand that. That's why I stepped down, because after six years of keeping this thing running I wanted to sit back and relax finally. Now what I'm seeing just pisses me off to no end.

My team over in Calgary has three pages of posts in the S35 discussion forum. Now maybe I was the asshole that showed up and pissed everyone off enough to just quit the team or maybe my team has just given up. That's a damn shame because we have a quality roster that likely would have been a contender had we had some active members and active leadership. I haven't heard anything from our General Manager all season, I can only assume that he doesn't give a fuck like the rest of you.

bluemangroup_01.jpg

Y'all need to be better.

Perhaps I care too much about the league and I should just shut up and let people lead. My problem is I don't see much leadership going on around here. We need some new recruits, we need some active forums, we need active General Managers for Christ's sake. We need games simmed every day! So if you care about the league you may just have to join me and start lighting fires under people's asses. I've been saying this for a while now and to me, it seems to be getting worse. If you have some time, take up a job around here and get people involved. We need someone to start serious work on recruiting and retaining new members. No one wants to stay in a league that's dead and right now I think that is our biggest issue. Breath some life into this apathetic mess, please!

Content: 3/3 - More Sterling media spots please. To start off, I know grading has been slow recently. First it was media spots, which has been taken care of. Graphics were slow the past two weeks, and I'm taking steps to fix that. That was my bad. Next off, I think there's a couple contributing factors to our current situation. As we've seen with members in the past, when people get older, they generally become less involved in the league for various reasons. This obviously isn't the case for everyone, but at some point priorities have to be put in order, and sometimes that means the VHL can get pushed aside for a little bit or for a while. At the same time, we've been attracting new members at an atrocious rate the past 3 seasons or so. As a VHLM GM, there was basically no one to claim all season after the beginning of the season and the deadline. I remember in the past, there was usually a new member every week, even if they didn't stay for long. We're not even at that point right now though, as not many people are joining the site. I know someone brought up advertising on reddit a little while ago, but I don't know if that was ever followed up on. I know a league like this isn't for everyone, but I imagine there are more people out there who would enjoy this league if they found out about it. I know this was a slightly random rant, but it's just my two-cents about the current state of the league.

Grammar: 2/2 - Just one.

season, I = season. I

Appearance: 1/1 - Blue Man Group. Solid.

Overall: 6/6

Content: 3/3 - The switch to the website was pretty damn deflating, it still doesn't feel the same yet. Might take a damn long time for that too.

Grammar: 2/2 - :grammer:

Appearance: 1/1 - I've got a passion in my pants and I'm not afraid to show it.

Overall: 6/6 - Sterling... do you play baseball?

FINAL: 6/6

• 1 month later...