Claimed:Campbell Talks FA Potential Teams (1 of 2) [FINAL: 6/6]

Banackock

freeagency_tfp_2013.gif

As I'm sure quite a few of you know already from the over advertising and high media coverage, Blake Campbell is potentially set to test out the Free Agency waters in this upcoming offseason. Campbell has been a member of the Stockholm Vikings for his entire career so far and up until now never had any thought of leaving the team. However, with recent failures in the teams play and failing to miss playoffs, along with rumors that a rebuild or "retool" is inevitable, one can't help but think his days are numbered in a Viking's jersey. Of course, we could be wrong, btu anyone wanting to win a cup in pretty much the prime of their career won't stay on a rebuilding team. Due to this, over the last few weeks we've tried to get Campbell to spill the beans on his potential new home, if he were to choose one. Recently, he has been beating around the bush but has officially come forward regarding each team in the league. Earlier this morning, he sat down with us and gave us the down low on each team and how he would feel going there. He also let us know his intentions with the Vikings and what could very well happen come offseason time. Prior to his evaluation of the teams, Campbell had a brief statement to make.

"I would simply like to say that just because there's talks surrounding myself leaving the Stockholm Viking organization, doesn't mean it's 100% true. Currently, we are transitioning through a different type of organization, which is unfortunate but also good for us. When I joined this team, it became my home. It became a place where I felt comfortable, spent a huge portion of my time and got to know a lot of great guys. Along with this, management has been superb and I've not only gained a great relationship with our management staff, but also high respect for boubs. He's literally one of the biggest reasons I've stayed between the pipes and have resigned for the duration that I have so far. Now, what is unfortunate, is that we haven't been able to win as a team. We've had success, but how successful are you truly without a championship to end off the season? My goal is to win a cup and again, unfortunately, it may look like it won't be happening in Stockholm anytime soon. This may be a reason for me to sadly cut ties. It all depends on the next few days. However, I am an extremely loyal guy to an organization - especially if I fit in the locker room and am treated properly by management. Stockholm is my #1 team and they will be heading into the offseason. It all depends on what happens over the next few weeks."

- October 26, 2015 - Blake Campbell

Now for the fun part. Over the next 2 weeks, a list will be handed out to the media regarding Blake Campbell Free Agency situation. The lists are not in a specific order and are more set out to give the league, fans and other management a clear direction of where he plans to head. Each week, he will go through an entire conference. Some may be long, some may we shorter than others when it comes to describing his interest. Why? Because his interest levels of course. With that, and without further delay, your lists.

Stockholm Vikings

HPp8LLs.png

Stockholm has and will always be home to me. They've given me much in my career. What you're thinking now is "What?". They've given me much guidance and help in becoming a stronger player, they've given me success and a strong start to my career and a great place to come a relax. Management is amazing here and the players who are here, as well as those who have parted ways, have all been a great experience. Although I'm not releasing rankings technically, Stockholm is the #1 team that could potentially land me. 

Helsinki Titans

qLXReQs.png

Helsinki is an interesting team, however, they already have a young - quickly developing young goalie. Because of this, I have zero interest in playing here at this time.

Riga Reign

tSI9DqU.png

Similar to Helsinki, Riga has Mr. Bernie Gow. Because they have a goaltender, interest levels from them and myself will be significantly low.

HC Davos Dynamo

931vu03.png

Sinclair currently holds the starting position in Helsinki. Possibly, a deal could be found between HC Davos and Stockholm that could see the teams switching goalies (Sinclair to Stockholm, myself to HC Davos). Other than this happening, which could interest me, I don't see my playing for the Dynamo.

Cologne Express

ewqJmFW.png

Looking at the roster, you come to the conclusion that they may not be a "super power organization" currently. Although they have depth, they lack higher tpe levels like a few other teams have. This doesn't overly take away from my interest, but remember, I'm looking to win a cup. Whoever, at this point, can offer me the best chance to win, likely will win my services. The team also seems to be older and if I'm correct, could potentially be losing Waldron to retirement. If this is the case, a spot would be opened up for me. I would only sign a one year deal, however, as it seems a "rebuild" or "retool" could possibly be inevitable for this club as well as it seems to be getting fairly "seasoned". 

There you go, ladies and gents. The European Conference has been completed and hopefully you each have a better idea of where I stand with each of you, as well as my intentions for this upcoming offseason. Along with this, I'd like to clarify  one thing. I will be testing as a Free Agent. I will be walking away from Stockholm for a short period of time to explore my options. However, there's two things that could come from this. One being I resign with the Vikings obviously. The last one is a sign and trade. Sucks and I'm sure you're a little chapped you won't be getting me for free, but hopefully it shows you the type of player I am. Also, If I sign a one year deal (which will likely be the case), you will be very happy when I decide to not fuck you over and just leave for free and do a sign and trade for you if I decide to leave Stockholm. Once talks open up, don't be shy from kicking down my message box and trying to swoop me up. would suck for someone to beat you to the punch.

Thanks and best of luck,

Blake Campbell/Banackock

Content: 3/3 - A nicely written article about some of your possible destinations this off-season. It'll be nice to be able to choose exactly where it is you want to go, but it may be hard to find somewhere that both has an open goaltender spot and is very close to competing for a Continental Cup. Good luck where ever it is you decide to go.

Grammar: 2/2 - A somewhat long list but none of them take away from what you're trying to say.

Free Agency = free agency

the teams play = the team's play

to miss playoffs = to miss the playoffs

btu anyone = but anyone

have resigned = have re-signed

may we shorter = may be shorter

Appearance: 1/1 - Nicely done.

FINAL: 6/6

• Fire Tortorella changed the title to Campbell Talks FA Potential Teams (1 of 2) [FINAL: 6/6]