Claimed:Nuck [2/2]

NUCK

ok not bad, but there's a few things that could use some work. first, and most obvious when I first look at the sig, is the render placement. you have his head perfectly centered in the sig, which is something you almost never want to do. mostly you will want to have the head near the top to leave less empty space up there and to include more of the render in the image. next is the lateral placement of the render. I recommend reading up on the visual rule of thirds. your current sig has good render palcement, but this one feels almost stuffed in the corner.

not gonna go too in depth on everything on this one, but the other thing I wanted to touch on was the background. the background on this one is super overexposed, which draws attention away from the focal point. as a general rule, the background of a sig should be darker than the foreground (render) so you don't strain the eyes of whoever is looking at it. that's all I have for now but @boubabi is more knowledgeable than me on this stuff so if I said anything incorrect he can correct me 

• Tim changed the title to Nuck [1/2]
  • Commissioner

Tim made some really valid points above so I'm going to try and give different things you can work on. The render placement is definitely of major concern though so follow his tips regarding that.

My main concerns with that aside is the colouring and the text. More advanced concepts can come later but getting good colour flow and text can really take sigs up a level. First off, use colours that mesh well together and make sure that they don't contrast too much. Right now the BG in this  has a pink and orange thing going on (where it isn't way over-exposed at least) and the render is green. This confuses the eye and makes it hard to pin down a focal point unless you give it another way to do so. It's a matter of knowing what works so that you can branch out into techniques that normally shouldn't like crazy colours. For this one I would suggest using some exposure layers to blend everything together a bit better and maybe using different stokes or re-covering the ones you did use so that the work better with the render. Remember, it's not about using the exact same colour but rather about using colours that look good together.

The text, as mentioned, is my other main issue. The font choice is iffy but that's low on the concerning factor. What I want to bring up is the placement and the effects. Putting text in the corner of a sig makes it look like an afterthought and it draws attention away from the render. Both are big no-noes. Get the text higher up and more over the render to make it work well with your render choice. Effects are trickier to master but a good rule of thumb is to avoid the effects window (at least I think that's what its called, I don't use it). That's where you got  the stroke and emboss effects from. Those effects have their uses but they should not be put on text IMO. It just makes things look awkward. Go for clean text and work with colours, stocks, lighting, blending, etc to make it pop more. These effects do nothing but make me distracted.

• Beketov changed the title to Nuck [2/2]