Claimed:Europe to North America

Banackock

ny-rangers-henrik-lundqvist_display_imag

Blake Campbell looking fresh as fuck in new uniform and helmet

The professional sports business is quite a tricky one. With long seasons, shorter offseasons and the all the travel, it can take its toll on those whom are involved. Along with those, trade speculation and Free Agency make it even more stressful and tense for players and management in the VHLM/VHLM. The feeling of never being sure on something, that anything can change at any given moment of the season can obviously affect ones emotions and mentality if they don't prepare themselves properly. It takes a lot of effort, focus and determination to avoid sinking into the dark abyss of the unknown which comes along with the being a pro athlete or manager. 

This past offseason, one player finally endured what it was like. Blake Campbell has spent his entire career in Europe, calling Stockholm his home since they drafted him 8th overall. Last season, there was trade speculation of him being dealt and then, of course, this previous offseason where he tested for free agency for the first time in his career. With numerous options in front of him, heavy media coverage and a majority of eyes on him, he was faced with a decision. He experienced what a lot of other veteran players, both current and long gone, had went through.The uncertainty of where you'll be next season, uplifting your roots from one place and planting them in another and the saying good bye to old friends and hello to new ones.

Last season was rough for Campbell and the Vikings. Campbell posted his lowest wins amount and least impressive statistics since the beginning of his career. That's not saying his time in Stockholm wasn't successful, beneficial to him or enjoyable, it just wasn't the best year to say the least. He was also under the impression that things were changing, a cup wasn't in the near future and that management was pressuring him into making a move. When the time came to decide and free agency opened up officially, Campbell went to his vacation home to take sometime with his girlfriend and to think. Surrounded by the mountains, trees and so much beauty, he found himself in a place that was completely opposite. As this was his first time, he was really feeling the heat.

"I decided to take sometime to sit back and think about my options. It was a really big choice in front of me and uplifting myself to this extent was truly a huge commitment. I knew that one party was going to be happy, one upset, some people pleased and others shocked or displeased. In the end, no poor intentions were meant and it was simply me doing what was best for myself. I'm a team player and if you're loyal - I'm loyal. I want nothing more than to win with my team. Unfortunately, careers are 8 seasons long in this league. I don't have time to wait for a cup and endure a rebuild. If I had the time, I likely would have. That simply was not the case"

man-crying.png

Boubabi during an interview releasing information to Stockholm fans that Blake Campbell had left for New York

Then it happened and a choice was made. Blake Campbell had decided to leave the European conference and continent and had on over to North America. One long flight later, a lot of bitching aside and a new uniform resting over his shoulders, Blake Campbell was now a member of the New York Americans. Standing tall, confident and proud, he approached the podium with new GM to make the announcement.

"The moment myself and my agent gave the green light to New York which allowed them to proceed with signing me, it was a very big moment for myself in my career. Along with it being big, it was very exciting. Initial talks with New York went extremely well and they were always the team that was my number one choice. I knew that If I resigned with Stockholm, I'd be going to New York anyway. So, I had a choice. Do I sign and cost my new team valuable assets as the price was very large, or do I sign for free which wouldn't decrease New York's assets, talents or strengths. It was very difficult for myself, but I did make the right choice and I'll always stand by it. Since joining the team a short few days ago, I've received much support from new teammates, some old ones and players and management through out the league. I'm anxious and overjoyed to begin a new chapter in my career with the Americans".

More to come, yeah.