Claimed:Sebastian Laines Progress [Reviewed]

WoldenGhore

Making the transition to an entirely different league has been quite the struggle so far for Sebastian Laine. Playing with bigger, stronger, and faster players is definitely something that is difficult for any professional. The talent level compared to the Finnish Junior League is what was the biggest surprise for Laine. Sebastian is playing with the Oslo storm of the VHLM, after they picked him up off waivers. Laine says the biggest difficulty so far has been switching from the left wing he is used to playing. Now playing centre with Oslo, Sebastian says he will do anything to help the team going into the playoffs. “I feel like we are doing the rights things right now, the bounces just need to go our way for once” said Sebastian. 

byen-og-fjorden_FWFoto.jpg?t=ScaleToFill

The city of Oslo, Norway. 

So far in nine games, he has only managed to compile one goal and two assists. “Coach said points don't matter to him, as long as you are going out and giving 110% every night”. That's what most people have realized so far, is that he is doing all the coach asks of him. Oslo hasn't been playing the best hockey as of late, and going into playoffs is something to be concerned about. There has been some brights spots in some of the games, but the puck just isn't going in the net right now. The fans in Oslo are hoping the goals will come in the last stretch before playoffs, and hopefully they can continue that into the postseason.

Once this season is over for Sebastian, it will be interesting to be what happens in terms of who he will be playing for next season. There are many so many players right now that are making themselves eligible for the Season 48 VHLM draft, that no one really knows where he will land. It could be anywhere from the top three selections, to anywhere in the third round. Players like Tony Pellerin, Kai Roberts, and Bobby Digital are going to be some of the most talented to ever enter this league. Some tough competition for a young kid like Sebastian, who just left home for the first time in his life. Hopefully with determination and hard work on the ice, he will make a name for himself in years to come. 

Laine_Tappara5_672.jpg

Sebastian Laine after scoring his first VHLM goal. 

An entire season for the prospects, next year in anticipation for the Season 49 Draft will be quite interesting. What happens in terms of how the prospects play, and most importantly the impact they make for the team they are playing with will be what every general manager across the VHL will be looking at. Another factor will be how the players act in the community, which will ultimately show the teams how much the players care about being there. We will take another look in a few weeks how the Season 49 Draft is shaping up.

Oslo

Edited by WoldenGhore

I don't know what the deal is with the picture upload thing but this is the second media spot now that I haven't been able to upload pictures.When I go to insert media it just shows a tiny little mountain with Q== besides it lol. I will maybe try again and see what happens. 

NEVERMIND GOT IT FIGURED OUT HAHA

Edited by WoldenGhore

• 2 weeks later...

Review:

Very nice article, I like how selfless Laine is for Oslo. article is well written won't not many grammar mistakes that's I can see. Like eaglesfan said, pretty pictures. The links at the top paragraph confuse me....but it's all good

492 words :D