Coach's

PLEASE READ THIS FULLY BEFORE DISMISSING THE IDEA. I WAS THINKING OF A WAY TO JUST ADD A NEW ASPECT TO THE VICTORY HOCKEY LEAGUE (ASIDE FROM SUPER CUP) THAT WOULD A.)BRING IN NEW MEMBERS, B.)MIGHT SPARK NEW ACTIVITY. THE IDEA IS SIMPLY ADDING IN THE ELEMENT OF A COACH OR COACHING STAFF.

NOW AS WE KNOW IN REAL LIFE A COACHES JOB IS TO SET LINES, KEEP THE GUYS MOTIVATED, AND SET STARTEGIES (THE JOB OF OUR CURRENT GM'S) IN WHAT IM PROPOSING THE GENERAL MANAGRS WILL AND I REPEAT WILL STILL DO THEIR FULL JOBS (SIGNING PLAYERS, SETTING LINES, DRAFTING). THE COACH, IN WHAT I'M SUGGESTING IS THERE TO GIVE TEAMS A SLIGHT BOOST 

COACHES WILL BE ABLE TO BE CREATED BY PLAYERS* (ONLY ON RE-CREATE/REPLACES PLAYER IF CREATING NEW) AND UPDATE WITHOUT A SCALE. HOW YOU ASK? WELL SIMPLE, WHEN YOU MAKE A COACH YOU PICK A PHILOSOPHY (OFFENSIVE, DEFENSIVE, GOALTENDING). ONCE THAT IS COMPLETED YOU THEN GET YOUR STATS (SAME AS A PLAYER, MINUS FIGHTING). SO THEN A COACH WOULD DO POINT TASKS LIKE EVERYONE ELSE TO GET TPE AND TO UPDATE THEIR STATS, ONCE THEIR STATS (OR A SET) ARE HIGH ENOUGH THE TEAM GETS A BOOST.

FOR EXAMPLE: COACH A SIGNED BY RIGA HAS 80 IN CHECKING, SKATING, AND DEFENSE THE ENTIRE RIGA TEAM WOULD GET +2 TO THOSE STATS OR SO DEFENSE/CHECKING/SKATING (WHICHEVER WE DECIDE). NOW BEFORE YOU SAY THIS WILL BE UN-BALANCED THINK ABOUT IT IF A TEAM IS STRUGGLING DEFENSE WISE THEY CAN HIRE A DEFENSIVE COACH AND GIVE THE GUYS A LITTLE BOOST ( NOT WITHOUT THE COACH ACTUALLY HAVING TO WORK)

COACH'S MAY BE FIRED AT ANY TIME IF RESULTS ARE NOT MET OR THEY GO INACTIVE WITH NO PENALTY TO THE TEAM. THE SALARY OF A COACH WOULD BE INCLUDED INT HE SALARY CAP AND WOULD BE A MAKE OF 1 MILLION DOLLARS (THAT'S FOR AN ELITE COACH).

EVERY TEAM WOULD HAVE TO HAVE A COACH AND THEY CAN HELP THE GM IF THEY DECIDE OR NOT. I JUST THOUGHT THIS WOULD GIVE PEOPLE SOMETHING ELSE TO DO IF THEY GET BORED OF PLAYERS. AND MAYBE YOU CAN HIRE MULTIPLE COACHES (2-3) WITH DIFFERENT PHILOSOPHIES....

ANYWAYS THIS IS JUST AN IDEA AND I'M EXPECTING TO GET HATED ON ABOUT IT BUT I THOUGHT I'DE GET EVERYONE'S OPINION. 

I think it will bring the right element and activity we just need to get it right, lie maybe the max a coach can earn is 4 TPE a week? with caps on certain stats so they arnt op?

I think this is a neat idea, i'm just not sure how many people would wanna make a coach because people like to see their hard work pay off (aka stats). Otherwise I'm all about this idea

This could be the scale, I suppose?

If coach has 69-> +1 TPE added to skill

If coach has 79 -> +2 TPE added to skill

If coach has 89 -> +6 TPE added to skill

If coach has 99-> +12 TPE added to skill

I dunno, rough idea. Obviously the TPE won't count to the total amount of the player. I wouldn't mind being a coach at all.

Edited by Kyle

I should add, they didnt appear to do anything either in the engine, aka they are pointless.

Well CLEARLYYYY you didn't read, they will be built like players and add bonuses to players to the system (Example: If a Coach gets his strength to 99 by doing PT's just like a player, his team will get a TPE boost in that category).. They won't be like the ones we actually incorporated in STHS. 

Edited by Kyle

Okay so here's my reaction: You expect the simmer to adjust every guy on a given teams stats for whatever coach they sign? And if they fire him and bring in a different style coach, then the simmer has to take those points off and add them to another area? Just seems like too much effort in the sim.

Okay so here's my reaction: You expect the simmer to adjust every guy on a given teams stats for whatever coach they sign? And if they fire him and bring in a different style coach, then the simmer has to take those points off and add them to another area? Just seems like too much effort in the sim.

It's exactly like updating a player lol. It's not like coaches are going to be rotating doors every single week. 

It's exactly like updating a player lol. It's not like coaches are going to be rotating doors every single week. 

So you add 2 Points to each of their statistics at the start of the year, but if a coach gets fired?

So you add 2 Points to each of their statistics at the start of the year, but if a coach gets fired?

That's not the way it would work, you don't automatically get points because you hire a coach. Your coach has to build themselves just like a player does, and your team gets rewarded based on that. Say a team is generally weak on defense, the coach can do PT's and add his TPE to defense, that results in the team getting a defensive boost. How much? Well that would depend on the scale we'd discuss, if it were to be taken seriously.

If a coach gets fired, the rewards they get based on their coach is taken away and adjusted to what another coach has earned. Coaches being fired or leaving would probably be an extreme rarity so I don't think it would be a huge deal for the simmer to deal with. It's essentially updating a player like normal except with some extra added points in specific areas, depending on the coach.

I actually think this is a really cool idea and adds a brand new element to the league, however the only problem is how many people would want to be coaches and how would they be chosen? I know I'd want to be a coach, but it would probably be strictly for guys who have been around for awhile and want to switch it up. 

Edited by Kyle

That's not the way it would work, you don't automatically get points because you hire a coach. Your coach has to build themselves just like a player does, and your team gets rewarded based on that. Say a team is generally weak on defense, the coach can do PT's and add his TPE to defense, that results in the team getting a defensive boost. How much? Well that would depend on the scale we'd discuss, if it were to be taken seriously.

If a coach gets fired, the rewards they get based on their coach is taken away and adjusted to what another coach has earned. Coaches being fired or leaving would probably be an extreme rarity so I don't think it would be a huge deal for the simmer to deal with. It's essentially updating a player like normal except with some extra added points in specific areas, depending on the coach.

Your second paragraph is exactly what I was saying. It just seems like a lot of back and forth. You hire a coach and the stats of the players would go up in a certain area by say +2 for CHK, DEF, STR but then if you fire the coach they get reset -2 points.

You don't automatically get points? Well then why hire an experienced coach if you don't automatically get points. If a long-time coach gets hired you don't benefit unless he does new PT's?

Edited by Kendrick

Your second paragraph is exactly what I was saying. It just seems like a lot of back and forth. You hire a coach and the stats of the players would go up in a certain area by say +2 for CHK, DEF, STR but then if you fire the coach they get reset -2 points.

You don't automatically get points? Well then why hire an experienced coach if you don't automatically get points. If a long-time coach gets hired you don't benefit unless he does new PT's?

Subtracting attributes away from a player every 3-4 seasons (assuming that's the average time for a coach) I don't think that would be a huge deal for a simmer. But Jardy or Higgins would have to answer that, as I don't speak for them.

I meant if you obtain a new coach, you don't get points unless they have already done PT's past or present, sorry I should've worded that clearer. I thought you had meant the second you hire a brand new coach with no PT's done previously, you get attribute points.

Subtracting attributes away from a player every 3-4 seasons (assuming that's the average time for a coach) I don't think that would be a huge deal for a simmer. But Jardy or Higgins would have to answer that, as I don't speak for them.

I meant if you obtain a new coach, you don't get points unless they have already done PT's past or present, sorry I should've worded that clearer. I thought you had meant the second you hire a brand new coach with no PT's done previously, you get attribute points.

Oh no I see the confusion. I was saying if you hire a coach with past work done that you get points instantly. Just seems rather silly to add points and possible take them away or whatever.

Also, these coaches aren't tied down to any team through drafting, so really this ends up being a popularity thing? If a guy likes you he comes to your team?

I think we'd have to find a system that doesn't go into too much detail, because that would just be to much work for the Simmer. Adding or substracting points to different attributes for every single player on every single team each year would just be too much work going into something that will probably have a relatively small effect.

How about every coach can skill every attribute just like you guys proposed, but he can only choose up to 3 attributes where he wants his team to get a boost in, and this has to happen at the start of the season?

I think we'd have to find a system that doesn't go into too much detail, because that would just be to much work for the Simmer. Adding or substracting points to different attributes for every single player on every single team each year would just be too much work going into something that will probably have a relatively small effect.

How about every coach can skill every attribute just like you guys proposed, but he can only choose up to 3 attributes where he wants his team to get a boost in, and this has to happen at the start of the season?

This. As an example

Coach #1 (Strengths - Checking, Defense, Strength)

Checking - __/10 - Takes 10 TPE to hit 1. Aka 100 TPE = 10/10

Defense - __/10 - Takes 10 TPE to hit 1. Aka 100 TPE = 10/10

Strength - __/10 - Takes 10 TPE to hit 1. Aka 100 TPE = 10/10

Coach #2 (Strengths - Passing, Scoring, Puck Handling)

Passing - __/10 - Takes 10 TPE to hit 1. Aka 100 TPE = 10/10

Scoring - __/10 - Takes 10 TPE to hit 1. Aka 100 TPE = 10/10

Puck Handling - __/10 - Takes 10 TPE to hit 1. Aka 100 TPE = 10/10

No Carryover. Basically if a Coach has a 10/10 you add 5 to that attribute. If a coach has 5/10 you add 2.5 to that attribute.

It wouldnt work. I did read it. It is too much work for the simmer to add and subtract TPE. That is why we got rid of the old training facility. Now what you should be talking about is replacing the team training camp concept with these coaches. The better the coach, the more TPE and perks your players get during training camp. Hell, you could add perks during the season based on a coaches skill level too if you wanted to.