Head Grader needs help!

Baozi

Part of every VHL staff job description whether they were told or not, is to contribute to welfare of the league. When player activities are not monitored closely, players feel apathetic especially newer players.

All I see is Flyersfan and maybe one or two graders actually doing anything. The bottom line is we can't expect him and so few others shouldering the grading duties for the entire site so I'm calling out all those grading that have not done so lately, HELP HIM OUT!

My MS was originally posted December 1 and now it is December 10th. It took 9 days to get double grades and nearly 7 days to get the first grade. These are supposed to be marked and graded on the week they are posted!

I commend FF on spending God knows how long reading thru all those ungraded posts from the last two weeks, he definitely deserves acknowledgment for the extra time he has spent helping us move along.

Either we get more graders hired or we give the ones we currently have a kick in ass.

Points left ungraded attribute to player apathy and activity, so let's get cracking on this issue.

Can we have a list of the graders on both graphics and media spots?

I still feel the "I'll get to it after my video game sesh is done" is used a ton by some. No names…

A list of graders is found under "Grading FAQ" of each section of Point Tasks.

While I appreciate the offer for help, I'm currently content with both grading teams. Graphics have been doing a great job keeping up with the graphics section. I know most head graders haven't graded in the past, but I don't mind grading as much as I do because it gets me my 9 TPE a week. I've also been grading for so long that it really doesn't take me that long to grade anymore.

As for media spot grading in general, there has been a large amount of grading roster turnover since the beginning of the season. In general, we've kept the grades coming at a good pace. We fell behind about halfway through the season, and at that point, graders were hired/fired/stepped down. I'm confident that the grading team we have now can do their jobs and keep up with everything. However, I'd like to point out that there have been next to no applicants every time there's a job opening. While everyone hired is definitely qualified for the job, it's not like their are many people willing to help out with this part of the site.

Also, many of our graders are in college or university. Last week, this week, and next week are generally finals week. I don't think anyone on here would consider grading a necessity when there are finals to study for. 

I wonder how many crimes have been committed while Kendrick was on his phone on VHL...

If you had me on Facebook you'd know why I was on here so much haha