Claimed:Silent celebration [Reviewed] [Reviewed] [2/2]

jRuutu

Silent_house_party_san_francisco.jpg

I finally won my first cup few days ago and it was a dream come true. Been wanting to take a cup ring home with me ever since I first started to play in the VHL. Now I finally have one and I cant really explain how it feels, but it´s easily the best thing that has ever happened to me while playing hockey. 

When New York was leading the series 3-1, I started to secretly dream what I will do if we win. I know it´s a guaranteed way to lose, but luckily we managed to win. I talked with few of my friends and I decided to throw a nice little cup party in my place. I invited everybody from the team and staff. The biggest problem was the location and size of my apartment. Only room for so many people and we cant have the music on high volumes since my neighbours hate loud sounds. Decided that the best way to solve the problem is to have a silent disco! Wireless headphones and people can listen to the music that way. 

The space problem was still there, but everybody was really cool about it, people came by to say hey and left quite soon so everybody could come over and stare at my cup ring.  All the players and staff members from the New York Americans actually came to visit me during the day. Oh yeah, the party was going for solid 12 hours. Meant a lot that they found the time to actually come and celebrate together once more. That day might of been the last day when everybody was together, maybe not together together, but in a same room during the day. Hockey is cold business, players get traded or they might just retire.

It was not all fun and good times though. Since it was a silent disco and everybody had their headhphones on for most of the time, people bumped into each other quite often and somebody actually broke my class table that I bought few weeks earlier from Ikea. Brand new table and all ruined now.  Not sure what happened, but I guess somebody pushed a another person and that person fell right on top of my table and broke it. I was furious and I was really close to stopping the whole event and sending everybody home. 

broken-glass-coffee-table-I-made-these-f

Good thing I did not do that, I looked at my finger and the cup ring, started to smile and remembered what has happened in the last few days. I have actually won something in my career now! I was part of the team that won it all!

Going to spend few more days celebrating and just relaxing. Soon the work starts again though. Training camp and the regular season is soon here and I must start to focus more into the future again. Shame that time goes by so fast when you are having fun.

Congrats on the cup win.  Only critique is that it's "might have" not "might of " just for future reference. Overall this article was easy to read. Some of it was a little choppy but that could just be me. Keep writing and some of the minor issues in this will be fixed.