S48 VHL Trivia: Week 3 Results

Victor

• Admin

ANSWERS!

PART A!

1. Who is the only VHL General Manager to GM the same club on three separate occasions? (Credit to Smarch)
A. Dustin Funk aka Toswammi GMd Riga on 3 occasions between S8 and S23. His first 5-season stint was easily the most successful as he led Riga to its first championship, while his next two tenures couldn't stop the franchise's rapid decline in the "20s".

2. How many players have shared a The Top Leader Award? (Credit to STZ)
A. 14 or technically 13 since Ethan Osborne did it twice, including in that horrendous 4-way tie in S36. For more information see here: http://www.vhlforum.com/index.php?/topic/801-grimm-jonsson-trophy/

3. Which goalie has the best career save percentage without winning a VHL championship? (must have played at least one full season) (Credit to Bojo)
A. Anton Nygard, also the holder of the single season save % record, has a VHL second best career save % of .928. 5.5 of his 6 VHL seasons were spent in Vasteras so of course he didn't win a cup.

4. What is the latest pick (in terms of position) in the VHL draft to be elected to the VHL HOF? (Credit to Kendrick)
A. We still haven't beaten Season 1 and Alex McNeil being picked 30th overall. Steal.

PART B!

Which team has won the most gold medals at the World Cup? (name changes, even if same region used, count as new team)
A. Streetlight ruined it <_< http://www.vhlforum.com/index.php?/topic/29475-had-i-ever-posted-this-world-cup-medal-count-chart/

Although to be fair that was much easier than me finding the answer myself. So yes, it is a 3-way tie between Scandinavia, the USA, and Canada. Since the wording of the question states Scandinavia and Sweden are separate teams.

1 capped TPE goes to:
Beketov
CowboyinAmerica
DollarAndADream
Eggy216
fever95
gorlab
Green
hedgehog337
JardyB10
Kendrick
Phil
Smarch
solas
Streetlight

1 uncapped TPE goes to:
Smarch
STZ
Bojo
Kendrick

VHL Trivia is going on hiatus now although I will post a little challenge in the morning for uncapped TPE. Stay tuned!

:cheers::vhl: