Izidors Balders 
Position: D 
Handedness: left 

Jersey Number: 12 

Height (inches): 6'5" 

Weight (lbs.): 210 

Birthplace: Latvia

First coach: Helmuts Balderis

Shortly before VHLM play-off at the waiver list showed up huge talent from Latvia - Izidors Balders. Hard to say how will be his career, but at this moment he is new defender with big potential. After short conversation Izidors joined to Bratislava Watchman, where he will play till draft. Till now Balders hasnt showed the best performance, but Watchmen GM trust in Balders and let him play. So why GMs need to add him in their shortlist? And why not? Lets look what are the good qualities in Izidors Balders.

DEFENSE

Balders has very high defensive abilities, he very good understand how the team defense need to be built, so he think more about own goal safety. All goalies would be happy to have Balders in defense, something like last line before goalie need to involve in game and stop the puck. Defense is the skill why GMs should add Balders in their shortlist.

PHYSICAL  

Izidors also is big man with his 6'5" in combination with his physical strength it will be hard to get by him without having some hit. Also fights will take big part in his statistics. Teammates already call him - The Big One. Also skating is not bad. He is not the fastest one ice, but for Izidors it is his strength.    

MENTAL 

But the best in Balders is his work ethic and loyalty, in training never leave ice before all done perfectly. He always will give pass if teammate will be in better position. When Balders sign  contract with team, it is for life. He never leave by him self, only if GM trade away. Also team interests are above personal statistic. To mental qualities can also mention ability to don't get many PIMs, although Balders isn't experienced player.

And now will check bad things, although now there almost only weaknesses if we talk about hockey skills.

OFFENSIVE SKILLS 

Puck handling, scoring also passing are in pre-school level, but Izidors will train hard to develop them. Now Izidors can makes inaccurate and bad passes, and if he manage to make some assist or score, its a big surprise. Watchman equipment manager will need to order many sticks, cause Balders often them breaks after trying to shot. 

CLUMSY 

As weakness also could mention big size, sometimes its harder to maneuver when skating, but players need to do sharp turns. Big size affect also acceleration, it need time to accelerate such big body, but when he have accelerated than he is like train - difficult to stop.

EXPERIENCE AND COMMUNICATION 

At this moment also experience is weak, with Watchman he have played only few games.  Small amount of experience can also sometimes affect performance in games. Mostly in tight games where each mistake costs. Lack of discipline is the main problem, cause Balders understand only few sentences in English. And they are not about hockey, so very often Izidors cant understand his coach. Also its hard to communicate with him. Watchman GM probably should sign him up for some English lessons.

Edited by bukss_a

@bukss_a

So I can grade/review this but you may want to take a look here at the Rookie Profile Rubric, just copying and pasting all your text into wordcounter.net gives me a 348 word count and the minimum is 500 for this. If you want me to grade it as is you won't get the full 8 TPE strictly based on length. I haven't reviewed anything else on it but I thought it looked a little short.