Claimed:Saturday morning fever [Reviewed]

jRuutu

New_York_City_view.jpg

Here in New York we like to talk with the fans as often as possible, since they are the ones who make the great atmosphere in the home games. In my opinion there is not many arenas that are as loud as our arena is. If you manage to score a goal, nothing beats the feeling when the whole arena is screaming your name. Just amazing.In general I would say that the fans of NY Americans are the best. They will be there for us no matter what happens.

To give something back to the fans, usually after morning skates on each Saturday, few players from the team take hour or two from their daily schedule  and talk with the fans. We of course cant always do that, but even when we are on a away tour, we try to take the time and spend some time with the fans. If we have a home game on a Saturday evening, those fan meetings during the mornings are quite popular. 

Young kids might want to ask something, get a autograph from their favorite players or the fans just want to see what kind of people we players really are. Whatever it is, we try to make it happen. Last Saturday I was one of the players who staid at the practice rink after the morning skate to interact with the fans. Got asked questions about various things, signed few autographs and took few pictures. 

Normal fan event really, but it was not all fun and games though, when I was talking to couple of fans, all of a sudden one dude who was clearly drunk, tapped me on my shoulder and asked if my name is Jorma? I replied yes. Soon after that he grabbed me and tried to punch me on the face, but I managed to dodge the punches. The whole thing was over pretty much immediately, some of the fans pushed the drunk fan to the ground and few minutes later the cops came and took him. Not sure what was his problem, but I guess he did not like me.  

tumblr_inline_mwj4ybhkcS1qbfwtn.gif

Younger fans were pretty shocked, but luckily nobody got hurt. Valuable reminder for the whole team that things can go wrong quickly. After that incident we decided to hire a guard for next few fan events just to make sure nothing like that happens again. That was actually the first time someone has tried to physically attack me during all the years I have been here in New York. Perhaps it was my glorious mustache that annoyed the guy and now with the alcohol in his system, he decided to come after me.Never know with these crazy people.

After the cops took him away, I continued to answer questions and taking pictures with the fans. Later that day we had a game, so I was somewhat lucky and did not get injured during the little 1v1 match with the drunken guy.

Review:

Sounds like a crazy night! glad that you are treating the fans of NY to great sportsmanship. maybe the drunk guy was a Quebec fan? Thats the best guess i can come up with haha. best of luck this season!

495 words :D

• FacePuncher changed the title to Saturday morning fever [Reviewed]