Claimed:Riga Mouthpiece [Reviewed]

Evans

JimmyHart020.jpg

What has happened to Titan Kronos? The first overall pick in the S49 draft finds himself no longer the center of attention. The player who shot up several team's draft boards due to his motor skills and on ice ability has been a player just blending in over the past couple of weeks for the Riga Reign. No crazy quotes, no crazy parties, no crazy situations. While many expected to see Kronos loud and proud after being drafted, he has seemed to shift his focus to a team first player opting to lower his head and try to work hard despite the reputation he built for himself in the VHLM.

I wanted to go first overall and I did. That's all that mattered to me. Something about a team putting so much faith into you gives me a nice little twitch in my groin area that you can't replicate anywhere else. I wasn't the most physically gifted player coming out of the VHLM. There were seveal guys whom had been able to put in more work than me during my time in the minor leagues, but none of them were able to wow an audience like I could once I got the mic in my hands. I've always had the gift of gab and I thought it would be best to use that to my advantage here and get drafted as high as possible. Now that the whole draft ordeal is over, I wanted to shut my mouth and prove that I was worth the pick. Up to this point I don't think I have proven so, but I am in a position that really doesn't get much love. Defense isn't a position that just anyone can play because you need to understand that you won't be the one ending up on Sportscenter at the end of the night.

While Kronos may not be competeing for the ROTY award or finding himself being invited to the all-star game, the Riga Reign has finally seemed to hit their stride this season. While many teams expected them to fall out of the playoff race early on, the Reign currently sit in third place in the European Conference, 11 points ahead of the 4th place Titans. Kronos did not hide his emotions regarding this. 

We're exceeding expectations and I fucking love it. People didn't really expect us to sniff the playoffs this year. I was one of them because I knew I had to come in with low expectations after being draft number one. The trade for Maximoff has paid off. The other moves we have made filled this roster out to a point where we find ourselves only 15 points back from the first place team in our conference. While I don't know if we could catch them before the season ends, it's nice to know that we even had a shot at the number one seed. People say the European Conference is down this season, but all we can do it go out there and beat the teams put in front of us. Right now the Dynao and the Express don't look like team's that we should fear. We could end up beating either of them in a playoff series and the goal is to try to get more games on our home ice for those potential series. Hopefully we keep winning like we are and can shoot up the conference a little bit more. The locker room is electric right now because of how well we have been playing. We may not be the hottest team out there right now, but dammit we feel like it. 

• JPL changed the title to Riga Mouthpiece [Reviewed]