Claimed:Kronos Answers Tough Questions [Reviewed]

Evans

Disney's The Jungle Book tiger the jungle book showdown stare down

After the Riga Reign were eliminated from the post season by the Cologne Express, starting defenseman Titan Kronos did not run from the media. While many teams would be disappointed in a loss, the air felt positive as Kronos sat down with reporters and went through his thoughts on the season. Here are a few of the highlights.

The Riga Reign were just eliminated from the post season. What's it feel like in the locker room following that loss?

Losing always sucks, but we weren't even supposed to be here in the first place. I know it may not make much sense to you, but it kind of softens that blow to an extent. In the offseason leading up to this season, many felt that this team was going to be a bottom feeder for a couple more seasons before reaching the playoffs. We just made a run without a single player on our roster over 400 practice hours. We were the team of misfits and young guys that were all able to buy in and make something happen. Riga has not seen playoff sucess in quite some time and we are just glad that we were able to give the fans hope regarding the future. You can tell a place that you will win them a title, but it's following through that is the hard part. Our season showed any follower of this team that we are on the right path.

How would you say your rookie season went?

Based on team success it went great. We exceeded expectations and were able to put together a nice post season run on the backs of guys whom have yet to enter their prime. I would have loved to put up better numbers individually, but that's not what the team needed me to do this year. I'm still making the transition to actually playing defense and it's hard for me to find a middle ground between offense and defense. I want to do whatever this team needs me to. I have been working on my scoring and it has actually allowed my assist numbers to jump up because of it. You start playing well with the puck and people pay more attention to you. This is something that helps set my teammates up and get us in a great scoring position. I know that I don't play the most valuable position on the ice, but in coming seasons I want to be the reason having a star defensemen becomes a must.

What do you think happens in the offseason for Riga?

I think we keep building. We planted a lot of seeds for the future with our run this season. I think free agents will look at this place as a go to destination and that could help accelerate our process to becoming a title contender. The guys we have on this roster are all hungry and I would love to see them all back next year. With my rookie year behind me, I feel as if I will be able to take the next step to help this team out. I will also be flying with the team to meet every free agent that we are considering signing. I know it may be a little premature, but I would like to spend my entire career with one team. That means helping with building this roster and increasing our chances. I think Riga comes back bigger and better next season. 

Great work here @Evans. Your rookie season may have started off slow but you held up your end of the bargain of making the rookie of the year race an actual race. It kinda hurt losing to you in the first round. I look forward to battling Riga over the next few seasons. 

• Da Trifecta changed the title to Kronos Answers Tough Questions [Reviewed]
  • 2 weeks later...