GM Higgins on Project Player 2 and Being GM

Higgins

GM Mitch Higgins on Project Player 2 and Being GM

With the new 'Project Player 2' announcement, a former VHL general manager has had his interest sparked again. GM Mitch Higgins has been a long time manager in the VHL, but after 7 seasons at the control of the Helsinki Titans, he knew it was time to move on and experience more throughout the league. "With Project Player 2, it's interesting, a GM can still experience the draft, free agency, being traded, and competing for a championship, even if the team you are managing is in a rebuild." GM Higgins said of the announcement. "It really benefits the GM's by allowing them to have a more full and fun experience in the VHL and it truly has peaked my interest in the VHL GM position again" he added.

117298273.jpg

First ever VHL draft selection by GM Higgins, Ethan Osborne in S30

GM Mitch Higgins has been out of the game since Season 43 when he took over the Seattle Bears franchise mid-season, taking the team on a miracle run to a Continental Cup. He stepped down from the position following the championship win. "Investing myself as the Seattle GM in S43 was an interesting experience because I knew it was only short-term. I spent many hours testing line ups for the playoffs, and during the off-season I was given the opportunity to organize 4 major trades, bringing in 4 additional 1st round draft picks for Seattle to kick start the rebuild. Then I stepped down, but having that one season experience really cured the itch I had to get back into the VHL GM game".

GM Mitch Higgins hasn't really been completely out of the game, as he has represented his country at the past two World Cups as the manager. "Having a chance to GM your country is a dream and I will hopefully continue in the role until we get back to a gold medal, but it isn't nearly as time consuming as being a VHL GM." GM Mitch Higgins said.

It appears GM Mitch Higgins hasn't ruled out returning to the VHL GM game at some point in the future, especially now with Project Player 2.

GM Mitch Higgins History

S25-S29 - VHLM - Oslo Storm :osl:

S30-S36 - VHL - Helsinki Titans :hel:

S43 - VHL - Seattle Bears :sea:

S46 - WC - Team Canada :can:

S48 - WC - Team Canada :can: