The Bears Path, etc. [Reviewed]

Banackock

oilers-draft.jpg?quality=70&strip=all&w=

We'd call the Bears winners during the S50 VHL Entry Draft (Wolf, Petenis, Balders, Max Von etc)

Since the start of last season, you've heard a lot about change when it comes to Seattle and their entire organization. For the most part, the change has been significantly positive for the VHL hockey team, however, it hasn't come without some fairly challenging turbulence and obstacles. For starters, the Bears organization said thank you and good bye to GM Mike for all the work and time he put into the team and went in a new direction for GM. Blake Campbell had a different approach, different perspective on what it takes to win and large dedication to finding that way to win. Due to this, he was named the new General Manager of the Seattle Bears. Everyone knows that following this move, Campbell took a short while to sit back but didn't take too long to load his gun and start firing bullets. Only problem was that he was shooting at air and nothing but air. The North American conference was an extremely challenging one, full of all but one team that could potentially contend. After bringing in 2 large Free Agents, resigning some players and making some big moves - it all came to a pretty quick rolling stop mid way through the season when the Bears decided to fold the cards, cash out with the pot they had and make a run for the doors. 

S49 to Present: And so, they rebuild.

SerpentineUnfitBoilweevil.gif

The Bears knew that rebuilding wouldn't be an easy thing and it would likely mean losing a lot of their current players who wish to chase the championship rather than remain loyal to a bottom feeder team. While this was mostly true, a few of the guys stayed and have now seen their roles increase with the team. Bogdan Podarok, signed a 5 year extension earlier last week, and was named captain of the S50 Seattle Bears. Fellow teammates during the build up, tear down and rebuild, Ak47, was named Assistant Captain for similar reasons. During the tear down, the Bears managed to add some great pieces. From multiple firsts for the upcoming draft (who they managed to get Petenis, Mox Von and Balders with), to snagging a young goalie in Jakab Holik. 

Things started to fall into place for the Bears. Although they didn't manage to get a lotto draft pick, they felt as though they did extremely well and came out a better team. Their young core is coming together, but the fans and others throughout the VHL community have their doubts. A lot have been questioning the current choice of path by the Bears, along with the ability of GM Campbell to lead the ship to the correct destination. Recently, he was voted as the best possible GM... to go inactive and be relieved of his duties. So let's just say, people are heavily watching him, the Bears and the progress they make in the rebuild over the next season or two. Due to all the recent chatter and noise, GM Campbell approached the media with a short but to the point media statement earlier today about the Bears, how far they've already come and what's in store. He touched on things individually so they're broken up as so for the viewers to follow along.

Podarok, Holik and AK-47 ( @ADwyer87 , @Beketov , @701 )

20150102_hospitalvisits.jpg

(Podarok - old as fuck he looks, AK-47 and Jakab Holik at the Cancer Institute in Seattle)

"I don't want to single any players out, but these 3 right here are my big three. Firstly, let me say this. I'm no league historian and haven't been around long enough to know, but when is the last time a goalie got a leadership role? By role I mean a letter, not just some imaginary promise that they're a leader to the team. These 3 players have pledged loyalty to me and have proved it by resigning to some hefty contracts. Obviously they all want cups, but what;s flattering and means the most is they're willing to chase it here in Seattle. Again, not meaning to single anyone out, but these three are huge to the team and Podarok truly deserved that C. I feel that as long as he's here, it'll be his. Sorry Free Agents, but a guy that's willing to sign 5 years during a REBUILD as opposed to someone signing 1 season chasing the cup on a contending team does it for me. Podarok is our guy!

The Draft

"Very happy with how the draft went. Obviously we would have liked to have been in the top 4, but shit happens. We're not going to sit here and bitch and cry about it or over analyze our roster, current progress or such like others just because of it. Each of the 3 first round players, we believe in. They may not be the top elite,  but they will play a significant role. We're excited and proud to have them. They seem very loyal to the Bears and that's the attitude and direction we wish to take. @hedgehog337   @bukss_a @RomanesEuntDomus

Current State, Future and Closing Statement 

"As previously stated, loyalty is the current attitude we are bringing into the locker room and take a look around. Young goalie resigns long term, Podarok does the same. Good core of prospects. We want loyalty. We don't want guys to come for a year and then piss off. Sorry, we don't want you. We're building a core of loyal guys. People who will stick with us because we're sticking with them, and that will ultimately lead us to the cup. We welcome anyone to be apart of it. We have great pieces here to now build a foundation on. Young wingers, young center and young D. We have a great young goalie and 3 picks in the next 2 first round drafts (two in S52). I feel like we're going in the right direction. It may not be easy. but fuck, it'll be worth it. 

Campbell out.

obama.mic_.drop_.gif