Peerblock =/= this site

• Senior Admin

I don't think this is a problem on our end. And if it was, I would have no idea what was causing it or how to fox it. It seems like its a problem on your end by running a very strict firewall, though. I've checked the domain on a few domain blacklist checkers and found no trace of us being flagged by any service.

We're hosted on IPB's cloud servers, not some sketchy host, so if you're running a firewall that blocks such connections..it seems very strict and I imagine is likely to have false positives (google tells me its not uncommon for peerblocker to block even things like steam).

I don't know much about peerblock or firewall in general, but out of curiousity wouldn't it be way easier to run a VPN and achieve more or less the same thing?

9 minutes ago, Draper said:

I don't think this is a problem on our end. And if it was, I would have no idea what was causing it. It seems like its a problem on your end by running a very strict firewall, though. I've checked the domain on a few domain blacklist checkers and found no trace of us being flagged by any service.

We're hosted on IPB's cloud servers, not some sketchy host, so if you're running a firewall that blocks such connections..it seems very strict and is likely to have false positives (google tells me its not uncommon for peerblocker to block even things like steam).

I don't know much about peerblock or personal firewall in general, but out of curiousity wouldn't it be way easier to run a VPN and achieve more or less the same thing?

VPN would achieve more or less the same thing, but decent VPNs cost actual currency, whereas PeerBlock is free. Thanks for the confirmation that there's nothing on the site's end. 

• Senior Admin
3 minutes ago, der meister said:

VPN would achieve more or less the same thing, but decent VPNs cost actual currency, whereas PeerBlock is free. Thanks for the confirmation that there's nothing on the site's end. 

Ah, makes sense. Yeah, I dunno, like I said I don't know much about firewalls but I did run it through the checkers that came up on google and got no hits. And I mean, given that we're hosted on IPB we're subject to their terms of service so you can be sure they'd ban our asses if we had any malicious shits :P

8 hours ago, der meister said:

I just whitelisted this site and left it at that. Thanks for looking into it. 

Muhahahaha im now into the main frame of your mother board