Claimed:Fabio is watching [Reviewed]

jRuutu

man-watching-tv-390x285.jpg

I was quite surprised when the coach of Saskatoon informed me that there would be a little break from hockey coming up soon, he said that they are playing the VHL All-Star game soon and that is the reason. I totally forgot it, but I have seen the whole All-Star event quite close when my uncle was one of the players who played in the All-Star game. He usually got tickets for me and for my family, so we flew from Finland to see him play. Quite nice, but now I´m not going to see the game live since he is not playing.  I´m going to watch the game from tv though.

I know the whole game is usually played in good spirit and it´s more of a charity game, but I think you can still learn something from the players when you watch them play.

Personally I will be taking extra close look at the defenders and see how they do things, the defenders who were selected are:

Jeff Hamilton  :que:
Phil Hamilton :col:
Francis York Morgan :dav:
Black Velvet :tor:

Bubba Nuck:dav:

Shayne Gow :hel:
David Hamilton :col:

Biggu Kyanon :col:

A lot of Hamilton´s will be on the ice, but if anything, that will make the announcers job easier, 50% chance you got the defenders name right. All the defenders are different, some are bit more physical than the others, some like too shoot the puck more and some are really good with the puck. If you could mix all of those guys together, you would have a perfect defender.

That is one reason why I like to watch these elite defenders play, I want to see if I could be on the same level some day.  Each of the defenders have a weakness or at least one area where they could be better, that is also nice to see, no matter how good you are, you can still improve.

For example Phil Hamilton, he is almost like the perfect defender I mentioned, but he has that aggressive side in him that will sometimes get him into trouble with referees.  To be fair, that is what you might get sometimes from a big guy who is also one of the best skaters in the league, if you are not ready, something bad might happen.0b4337e26d7004917af1d4e2e22a1a4e.jpg

On the opposite side, all of these defenders are great in something else than just defending, you need to be able to do more than just keep your own end clean, at least if you want to among the elite defenders in VHL. For example Francis York Morgan, a veteran player who has one of the deadliest shots in the league. Some evidence of that can be seen in the statistics, Morgan has the most goals of all the defenders this season. For me he is some kind of an idol, I´m trying to get my shot to be as good as his and if I can somehow play on a similar level when I´m as old as he is now, that would be a dream come true.

11049151_1622708324632578_963948918_n.jp

Few examples there, but I´m keeping my eye on all of these guys, not just during the All-Star weekend, but in the future as well! Hopefully some day I will actually be on the ice and playing in the All-Star game, but that is years from now.

Edited by jRuutu

It's kind of cool that you singled out the defenders. It's good to see the type of talent in the all-star game on defense. Hopefully one day we will see you in the all-star game and your level of play could be good enough. FYM is a nice person to look up to as your idol.

• Da Trifecta changed the title to Fabio is watching [Reviewed]