Team Canada Meet Up

Higgins

620-team-canada-thumb-620xauto-319920.jp

Team Canada held their final meeting before the Season 50 World Cup tryouts. Canada has not won a gold medal at the World Cup since S37 which in the VHL is an eternity, and is a full 3 generations of players ago. In between the first and second rounds of the playoffs the team Canada players from the S48 World Cup all met up in Toronto. Everyone that was present unanimously decided that the best manager for the job would be returning to the manager who ran the team in the previous two World Cups, Higgins. GM Higgins previously managed team Canada in the last two World Cups as the team finished 6th in S46 and 3rd in S48. This will be GM Higgins fifth time managing team Canada as he managed the team in S26 and S28, winning a silver medal.

"I am dedicated to team Canada until we win that elusive gold medal. As long as the players want me and for the remainder of Black Velvet's career I will manage team Canada. I've been a fair manager giving young players a chance to play for the team, and we will continue to do that. Looking at the returning players this season, we have some incredible experience in both the VHL and World Cup. There are also a few new blood players that will get a chance to play for their country"

Players Present

Represented Canada at 3 World Cups

D - Francis York Morgan

Represented Canada at 2 World Cups

F - Zach Parechkin

F - Tom Lincoln

F - Bronson Faux

D - John Sleeman

G - Atticus Von Braxton IV

Represented Canada at 1 World Cup

F - Unassisted

D - Black Velvet