Claimed:Sick Media Spot [Reviewed]

I'm not saying this media spot is sick in a good way. I stayed home from work because I was sick and hopped up on cold meds so this probably won't be my most coherent media spot.

dumba-mathew.jpg

Defenseman Felipe Rodriguez is slowly but surely turning into the player the Quebec City Meute thought they were drafting. As was stated in a previous article, this past season Flip hit a new career high in points and goals. His regular season success has carried over to the World Cup where he represents Team World. Team World is sitting in second place at 5-3-0.

Team World’s success starts at the back end. Well, maybe not the back back, but the blue line anyway. Biggu Kyanon and Felipe Rodriguez are sitting at second and third in points for defensemen with nine and seven points respectively. Rodriguez is also tied for first in plus-minus rating at a plus-nine despite Team World having a minus-three goal differential throughout the World Cup thus far. Flip also leads the World Cup in penalty minutes with 38, is sixth in blocked shots with 17, and fourth in hits with 31. Kyanon is tied for first in blocked shots with 24 and winger Arcturus Mengsk is the only Team World player with more hits at 36.

“It’s incredible talent out there each and every night. It’s really a honor to be able to compete with these guys. Even if the World Cup ended right now, I could go home and be proud of what we’ve accomplished so far. I can learn a lot from playing with guys like Kyanon and Mengsk or Maximoff and Podarok. I hope we can continue this success moving forward and maybe bring home a medal for Team World.”

The World Cup isn’t over yet and with the way Team World has been playing, I don’t expect Flip’s production to slow down at all. Let’s hope his success here translates into success in Season 51.

“I can’t take all the credit for my point production in the World Cup. Hockey is a team sport. The guys put me in a good position to succeed and when I see the opportunity to return the favor, I try my best to do just that.”

On the future of Quebec City:

“If we can get everyone back from last season, we’ll be well on our way to stop the four-peat. But at this point, that’s a big “if” I haven’t heard any rumblings in the locker room one way or the other on any free agents which is a bit worrisome. I hope there are discussions privately between our GM and the free agents but that would be pure speculation on my part. I’ve seen Calgary make a great case to join them, I’ve seen offers to free agents from other teams, but nothing from our GM. If we stagnate and lose players like Koponen, Unassisted, or Clegane, we might as well sell the farm and go for a rebuild. Don’t get me wrong, there are plenty of other free agents available but those guys have been on the team and know the system. There’s comfort in things that are familiar. No big shake up in the lines can go a long way towards early season success.”

Edited by evrydayimbyfuglien

Review:

Sorry you're sick, hopefully you get better! Felix Rodriguez is one of my favorite players(and could soon be one of my favorite teammate's?). We just clinched a first week bye, giving us a 75% chance of a medal! I'm super excited and hope we can make it to the finals. Sorry that everyone left you in Quebec ?

549 words :D