Claimed:Marty the Rat 1 [1/2] [Reviewed]

• Commissioner

We've all started somewhere. Trust me, you don't want to see what my first sigs looked like. The size is definitely too large. Personally I don't do anything large than 420x200 unless I really have something specific in mind. What isn't helping the size any is that everything is separated. Don't be afraid to have things overlap as it draws the eye to one place. Having the text and lens flare off in the corners distracts the eye from the render which should be the main focal point. try to work with different stocks and blending modes to really build up a BG and death rather than just slapping a few things together. Lastly, text is generally the hardest thing to master for anyone but what will help immensely is going simple. Don't try tow irk with crazy colours and fonts right now, go simple and perfect how to make it look really good. I almost never use advanced fonts because they tend to be a distraction. Sometimes keeping things simple helps make everything look better.

• Beketov changed the title to Marty the Rat 1 [1/2]
  • 2 weeks later...

28070xk.png

my grader job would say that it would be better if the sig canvas was smaller, but as a gfx, don't let the size canvas unfortunate you. Use the canvas you feel comfortable using it and experiment as much as possible. Like beketov said, we all started somewhere so I must say, continue working and if you have a chance to watch some minutes on my live sig streaming, I would be happy to answer all your questions